• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Was Your Childhood Hero?

khryslerkid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:14 PM
Reaction score
I don't know if the youth of today have any Heros like there were "back in the day". I remember looking up to many famous people who made their mark in society. Some were fictional some were real life. I'm certain that they made a difference in the way that I conduct myself and how I respect my fellow man.

Here are a few of mine. Let's hear some of your heros.

Fictional yes, but he stood for justice and proved that crime didn't pay...
reeves.jpg

Always enjoyed watching these two in action ...
wayne3.jpg
hale.jpg

Athletes would always set a good example on how to play hard and give 110%...
image.JPG

What ever happened to people like these two. Wow, they really made you think about what you wanted to be when you grew up!...
JohnGlenn.jpg
5908070041_58b13a39e3_b.jpg

I agree with most of the list, in the org post
I wasn't a big Superman guy
I'm not a big singing cowboy guy either
but, Audie Murphy was a real war hero

pretty much all the Mercury & Apollo astronauts are hero's
I got into engineering because of my granddad & my uncles
"they were my real hero's"
so are "most" of the people that served honorably in any war
&
then there's John Wayne, Steve McQueen personal favorites for sure
&
Dave Hough (Nanook Fuel Altered fame), Bob Glidden, Ronnie Sox, Dick Landy
Don Garlits, Richard Petty, Buddy Baker & many more
in racing I idolized them, especially the drag-racers

Kenny Stabler, Fred Bilitnikoff, Marv Hubbard,
Dan Fouts & Norm VanBrocklin (Both Oregon Duck's)
Bart Starr, Don Drysdale, Willie Mays, Jack Nicklaus all in sports

But;
I don't think of racing or sports figures as hero's
or even good role models really,
just people good & talented/devoted at/to a craft

especially today

Last edited:
My Dad
My granddads
The US Astronauts
WWII Allied US Commanders
Dwight Eisenhower
Richard Nixon

That's a great answer! Not everyone can say that. It's great that you can :thumbsup:
Thanks Kid. It was the first thing that popped into my head.
My old man was a rock star on so many levels I can't even count them when I think about it.
I have tried to do same for my boys but am unsure if I'm coming close to his mark.

In no particular order, my grandparents.
My Uncle Mike and his buddy Shawn. Grew up with them, like older brothers.
Bobby Orr. In my opinion the greatest player to lace 'em up.

my dad was it , he could get any job done and well done to the tee . its a wonder i'm a nut job too , lol . just kidding ,
DSC01468.JPG
DSC01478.JPG
he's 87 and living with his lady friend . god bless him . and has more hair n all his original teeth .

Ken Griffey Jr. until I got to go to a game he was the only one who didn’t participate in pre game warmups with the team.
And of course John Wayne

Muhammad Ali

May sound strange to some but I was hooked on him as an athlete when he knocked out Sonny Liston. I was just a little kid and my dad was listening to it on the radio and I wa awed. I then followed his career very closely and my awe grew in him as a fighter and a humanitarian for both of our entire lives. I actually met and shook hands with him, had my picture taken and the whole bit back in the eighties. Many didn’t understand him and his global impact until after in his Life. But I got it early and have always held him in the highest esteem. The GOAT!

Muhammad Ali

May sound strange to some but I was hooked on him as an athlete when he knocked out Sonny Liston. I was just a little kid and my dad was listening to it on the radio and I wa awed. I then followed his career very closely and my awe grew in him as a fighter and a humanitarian for both of our entire lives. I actually met and shook hands with him, had my picture taken and the whole bit back in the eighties. Many didn’t understand him and his global impact until after in his Life. But I got it early and have always held him in the highest esteem. The GOAT!

Evel Knievel .
I always wanted to ride motorcycles and thought he was bad ***.

Auto Transport Service
Back