• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's hungry?

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
In between wiring today I managed to smoke 3 pork butts in 6 hours time. We'll cool and freeze 2 and finish the other one in the crock pot tomorrow night. Check out the smoke ring. Also had time to smoke hot dogs for lunch and I have baked beans in the smoker for tonight's meal.
Mike
Smoked Pork Butts.JPG
Smoke Ring II.JPG

White Cloud, MI. Stop by any time. Always cold beer in the fridge!
Mike
Mmm looks delicious ! And, a cold beer as well ? That's something hard to resist ! Damn, if I were in the area I'd take you up on that offer ! (... and we could even talk politics :poke: .... ) by the looks of that I'd compliment you and say you're a better cook than I am, but in actuality, most anybody is. Enjoy !

In between wiring today I managed to smoke 3 pork butts in 6 hours time. We'll cool and freeze 2 and finish the other one in the crock pot tomorrow night. Check out the smoke ring. Also had time to smoke hot dogs for lunch and I have baked beans in the smoker for tonight's meal.
Mike
View attachment 1308333View attachment 1308334
I just bought a Treager. I did Italian sausage first, then 2 big t-bones. It’s going to take some getting use to. They turned out great, but I’ll keep the Weber for quick stuff and learn about the new one. We are going to try to and smoke a brisket in the next few weeks. I’ve never smoked anything, except cigarettes. I’m pretty good on the grill, this is different.

Looks good! Trickiest thing with pork butts is getting the internal temp up to 205 degrees F. It takes a long time but shreds apart nicely.

Looks good! Trickiest thing with pork butts is getting the internal temp up to 205 degrees F. It takes a long time but shreds apart nicely.
I get them up to 170* then cool/freeze them. Depending upon size we finish them in the crock pot for 4-6 hours. They fall off the bone and have all that smoky flavor!
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back