• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

whose shaft do you use?

furyus

Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
I can't find a drive shaft for my 69 Dart. Who has had one made and was happy with the work? Name of the company used? I figure I will have to have it shipped. Thanks
Dave.

Mancini sells shafts if you dont have one. There has to be someone local to you that does driveshafts thay can cut it and balance it. The next one I do I am gonna try getting an aluminum one from a late model truck at a junkyard and have worked to fit my car

+1 on the Dynotech. Didn't buy it myself but the quality as far as I can visually inspect looks top notch

I looked at the one's in my area, but I haven't dealt with any of them except one, and I still have some vibration, so I wanted recommendations from someone who is happy with the work. Thanks for the input. I will try them.
Dave.

I went to a local drive shaft shop/machine shop. They also make parts for industry like industrial drive shafts etc. They did a phenominal job. $250 for everything welded, balanced and painted with new u-joints. the only part I provided was the slip yolk.

PST, there right there in Clearwater, Florida, I've had for 6 or 7 years and very happy with it. Google, Precision Shaft Technologies.

Mine are all Dyno-Tech. Never an issue. I run both there steel and aluminum shafts. Though they are local for me, they ship free.
Doug

Just my own .. never was interested in others.

But I'm not a judger or anything

Got a lot of "grunt" in my 66 Satellite. Make 675 lb.ft. @4100. I wanted aluminum! Talked to Jeff @ DTS Said don't, won't take it and will cost ya more. I got a 4130 chrome moly shaft (4") and 1350 ends. They were great people to deal with. Did mine all by phone. Once I gave them the dimensions they needed it was here in less than 3 weeks. This was in 2011, still in car which does get leaned on. Last phone I had for them. 616-527-0722 that should get ya to the custom department. Jerry Ps it was only $520 to my door here in upstate NY

As stated I run Dyno-Tech shafts. My 9.20 Belvedere weighs 3340 and uses an aluminum shaft, no issues.
Doug

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Start at the 1 minute mark for the good part.

[video=youtube;M2v_BYuYPds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2v_BYuYPds&feature=player_detailpage#t=84[/video]

Auto Transport Service
Back