• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are B body tachs so expensive.

f8-4life

Local time
3:05 PM
Reaction score
What's the deal with tic tock tachs and is there a reason they are 350+ dollars?
Seems kind of exprensive or is it me?

Not just you. Outrageous prices. My Tic Toc has not worked for years. Like consoles and grilles, the greedy have cornered the market. Add steering wheels.

I thought if it fits a Chrysler product from back in the day it’s expensive

Ah, It's a Mopar,,EVERYTHING is expensive.:mad:
I been looking for pistons for my 63 361. 4.125 bore. When I did find them the cheapest was $350 for a set of 8,customs were between $800 to $1200. Look up big block chevy pistons same bore size,you can get a set of 8 for as little $85 and custom for about $300.

Maybe if good aftermarket parts were a little more reasonable, then people could be restoring more basket case mopars.

Frankly I don’t think that’s expensive. Not compared to what I paid for some over blown parts. If you need and want it - buy it....

$350 for a new tach is not to bad but they have been reproduced for 5 or so yrs now. People still want the same price or more? for an original one. If it was like 70 charger fenders or a 69 charger grill or nos metal I would understand but a standerd rallye dash tach should be like $150-$250 I think.

Speaking of B Bodies

1971-1974 B Body Tach - $225.00 neighborhood

Why does the reproduction 71-74 Tach at that cost , not even factory correct ?

8000 Rpms

Auto Transport Service
Back