• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why does some shipping take so long

Because there is no one waiting inline to replace them

Everywhere

I would think that if the post office is blocking the shipping of magazines and such in media mail, and if you want to sell said magazines, why not take them to car shows (Carlisle ?) . If anywhere, a good mopar magazine should sell at those types of venues. Putting them in the landfill seems to be cutting off your nose to spite your face. You are not hurting the post office any.

Last edited:
I’ve bee waiting for a package that was sent on January 2nd. It arrived in a Philly warehouse and beee sitting there since. Sent usps first class

Couple car friends and I have thought about getting a space at swap meets; but the fees can be stupid. A large bi-annual show & meet near me has reduced their hours. 1st day it opens at 10AM. We got there at 8 and waited the two hours with a hundred others while the meet looked pretty well set to go on a nice sunny morning. Used to be the 1st day was open at 6. I’ve seen the interest dwindling with more vacant spaces. Give guys credit that make the trip with all their stuff to set up then take it down with the stuff they didn’t sell. Last 10 years I’ve found about 15-20% of stuff I was looking for at meets while the other 80+ was on line. I’d like to go to Carlisle someday; but it is a long ride.

Couple car friends and I have thought about getting a space at swap meets; but the fees can be stupid. A large bi-annual show & meet near me has reduced their hours. 1st day it opens at 10AM. We got there at 8 and waited the two hours with a hundred others while the meet looked pretty well set to go on a nice sunny morning. Used to be the 1st day was open at 6. I’ve seen the interest dwindling with more vacant spaces. Give guys credit that make the trip with all their stuff to set up then take it down with the stuff they didn’t sell. Last 10 years I’ve found about 15-20% of stuff I was looking for at meets while the other 80+ was on line. I’d like to go to Carlisle someday; but it is a long ride.
Ron, have you been to the Iola swap meet ?
I've allways heard it's a good one.

Ron, have you been to the Iola swap meet ?
I've allways heard it's a good one.
Sure have been for at least 35 years. It is a great show well attended - can't say I've seen any decline there. Great memories going with my dad and a couple other guys no longer with us. The meet is held the 2nd weekend in July and man there were some blistering hot days coupled with the hilly terrain...some steep slopes to walk. When getting through the meet...I'm noticing my age more every year. You should attend if you can.

Auto Transport Service
Back