• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is it call a junk Draw?

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:52 AM
Reaction score
The another day the wife looking to tighten the towel rack in the bathroom. It uses a Allen key and it’s in the junk draw. So, if you have a junk draw in the kitchen, What’s in it.​

Batteries,hammer,screwdrivers,twist ties,plastic bags.
You know,Junk!

JUNK....all kinds of crap. Writing pads, paper clips, a wrench, maybe a plier, definitely a screw driver of some kind, flash light, white-out, stapler, address book, coupons, plastic bag ties, more paper clips, pens(lots of pens), coins and on and on and on. Everyone has a junk drawer. Fortunately, we have 2 junk drawers. Don't know why but we do.
tLgmfrl-4Ocgc0GL29CPmvWAn1jlXShETa1P0pkbfsXbD42YSZDNW_HXd3UROsRpqH6B8II9qD5K9wpO86BrjH4sLyDklcfq.jpg

But then there are those that do this every year
organized-junk-drawer.jpg

But then within about 2months it reverts back to the 1st pic. Its magic.....:D

JUNK....all kinds of crap. Writing pads, paper clips, a wrench, maybe a plier, definitely a screw driver of some kind, flash light, white-out, stapler, address book, coupons, plastic bag ties, more paper clips, pens(lots of pens), coins and on and on and on. Everyone has a junk drawer. Fortunately, we have 2 junk drawers. Don't know why but we do.
View attachment 996874

But then there are those that do this every year
View attachment 996875

But then within about 2months it reverts back to the 1st pic. Its magic.....:D
:rofl::rofl: Yep!

The another day the wife looking to tighten the towel rack in the bathroom. It uses a Allen key and it’s in the junk draw. So, if you have a junk draw in the kitchen, What’s in it.​
You guys from out east make me laugh. I wondered wtf? junk draw? Then I looked at your signature. Yep, from New Yawk! LOL

And what’s the one item that always get the draw Stuck closed?

Last edited:
My wife has MULTIPLE junk drawers. They contain everything but the kitchen sink. I don't let them bother me because my house is 100% immaculate 365 days a year.

My wife has MULTIPLE junk drawers. They contain everything but the kitchen sink. I don't let them bother me because my house is 100% immaculate 365 days a year.

My wife collects papers; useless magazines her mother passes on and clippings from other home-type magazines. I call it her "Gomer's Pile".

Everyone has a junk drawer, mine happens to be about 3 of them. I have re-supplied mine (wife's) several times each year with "stuff". I probably have more paper clips than Walmart. Everytime we measure for curtains I buy a tape measure. At the estate sale after we're gone there will be a 55 gal drum of them.....

In upstate we do call them "drawers".
But that could also mean underwear.
Not sure how that one is spelled?

Now in some parts of the Midwest a serving of draft beer is a "draw".
You "draw" a beer off the tap.

Everybody has a junk drawer in their kitchen, I'd say - that has junk in it!
By the way @Pops1967GTX - you are aware you won one of the auctions, right?

We have 2 one on each end of kitchen!
Mine contain the normal junk plus a 9 mm
Got so many car keys in the one near the door God only knows what they all fit !

Auto Transport Service
Back