• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wide wheels 71 B body ?

rustytoolss

Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
How wide of a rim is possible on a 71 RR Front suspension ? Also if the rear springs are moved in (under frame), and the wheel tubs are also move in (even with the frame). How wide of rim can be stuffed under the back ?
I guess I should have said what size rim. 18"-20" DIA.

Last edited:
I have 18X9.5"+15mm enkei rpf1 rims on my car with 3/4" hubcentric spacers, I would say you can easily fit a 18X10" 0 offset, maybe just maybe a 18X11" 0 offset but it would be pushing it, I also run drop spindles and adjustable hotchkis A-arms, but that shouldn't matter in this case

I have 18X9.5"+15mm enkei rpf1 rims on my car with 3/4" hubcentric spacers, I would say you can easily fit a 18X10" 0 offset, maybe just maybe a 18X11" 0 offset but it would be pushing it, I also run drop spindles and adjustable hotchkis A-arms, but that shouldn't matter in this case
Thanks, for that information.
What size are you running on the rear ? Also did you need to modify anything in the back (wheel wells/spring location, etc) ? Can you post any picture of your car . Would love to see it. Thanks

Thanks, for that information.
What size are you running on the rear ? Also did you need to modify anything in the back (wheel wells/spring location, etc) ? Can you post any picture of your car . Would love to see it. Thanks
Just looked at your build thread..very impressed. But there were no finished photos (probally the photo bucket issue)

sorry ya its a pb issue - same wheels on all 4 corners, I didn't move the rear springs but I am running drop hangers and sliders in oem location, I did cut the inner lip in the rear wheel well for the extra 1/2" clearance - to get past the pb issue you can add the photobucket fix chrome extension to view the photos

just a quick fyi the hubs in the front and rear are different sizes if your running spacers

sorry ya its a pb issue - same wheels on all 4 corners, I didn't move the rear springs but I am running drop hangers and sliders in oem location, I did cut the inner lip in the rear wheel well for the extra 1/2" clearance - to get past the pb issue you can add the photobucket fix chrome extension to view the photos
Tell me more about this photobucket fix, if you don't mind . Thanks for the information.

Tell me more about this photobucket fix, if you don't mind . Thanks for the information.
just a quick fyi the hubs in the front and rear are different sizes if your running spacers
By the way what size tire are you using front/rear ??

Auto Transport Service
Back