• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wilcap transmission adapter

67belvedere/225

Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
I bought a wilcap adapter to fit a gm 700r4 overdive on my b body ( I bought from a guy on C.List who didn't want it) so I called up wilcap and spoke with the guy he said they make the kit and you need to fit it, so I cut the floor pan a bit .
so I followed the instructions to install it . and guess what the starter doesn't hit flywheel
not only that the starter hit s the inside off bell housing, like you think at the time you would write in instruction hey before final assembly try it. It might not work.
so I took it all apart and machined .100 off of supplied spacer . Then grinded inside of bell housing. Then shimmed the torque to flywheel so it doesn't come out too far and not engage the pump. the guy at wilcap was like send me the spacer and I will do it for free, that's no the point ,anyway it would cost more of shipping that pay someone to do it.
lucky for me that we have a lathe and milling machine
took all day to get it done lets hope the adjusting of it goes well
I did lay a patch outside , so cross your fingers

IMG_3791.JPG IMG_3793.JPG

I have used a few of these adapters and have found that not all Mopar Mini Starters have the same Bendix throw. I have had the best luck with good remans of the original Nippendenso starter than some of the NEW offshore stuff out there. This throw seems critical with these particular adapters.

it Was a new "off shore" starter . and it was throwing out bend that hit was hitting inside bell housing ,
and still was not enough, I grinned the inside so it doesn't touch anymore

Auto Transport Service
Back