• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

will 18 Inch Mustang wheels fit on a 1970 Satellite

Acworld34

Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score
18 Inch mustang.jpg

mustang wheels.jpg

I'm just curious I saw these on sale near me and wonder if they would fit on my 1970 Plymouth satellite..

I know you might need spacers reading other posts.... but they mainly talk about 17 inch Mustang wheels..

I'm just wondering if it would be an option.

This is a link to the wheels

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/pts/4295286114.html

The guy said they came off a 2009 Mustang... I looked over on the A body forum they talk about hitting the control arm with 17s but no mention of the 18

Last edited:
the wheel you have pictured appear to have a serious positive off set,some times called fwd offset.that will put them way in towards the frame and will still prob hit the control arms even with a spacer.you can only go about 1/4 inch safely with a spacer and you would prob need an inch or more to run those.

stud pattern will fit, find what BS they are most mopars require around 5-5.6" rear BS and 5" BS for the front and this is with a 10" rear rim and 8" front rim, roughly. If not you will need spacers, which I believe are illegal or at least should be as they can be very dangerous if not done or used properly

wheel spacers are far from illegal. they are used in numerous applications and sold by the thousands.

this can be done but you are going to need at least a 2" spacer. I would hold out and just get wheels that have a shallower back space. the spacers alone will run a couple hundred bucks.
my 2 pennies

Even a 1" spacer will pretty much make the stock lugs useless....

spacers are illegal in Australia, where I am from.

I'd take the advice and let them go, never sacrifice the fitment.

You need a thick enough spacer to return the wheel to 0 offset. Most spacers of this kind are the bolt on variety. These are the only safe spacer variety. Lots of guys run them hard. I autocrossed on 1" and 1.25" spacers. There very common on the 4x4 market. Properly installed, they don't loosen, just like rims. Just check the torque after a few miles when first installed. 18" wheels don't have issues with the lower ball joint. It also comes into play when the backspace gets over 5" IIRC. A bodies can't fit as wide rims as B-bodies can.

I ended up selling them on Craiglist paid $400 sold them for $525.. was good enough for my trouble... Mustang guy came and picked them up.

I wouldn't use a spacer. But a wheel hub adapter is a much safer bet. Porsche has been using them for years...

Spacers are not the way to go.... along with most any 50 state legal scrap.

Auto Transport Service
Back