• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

will exhaust for early 70's b-body fit late 70's cordoba?

chieftian

Local time
9:14 PM
Reaction score
I'm almost done with a rebuild and am shopping for exhaust...vendors only lists pipes from late 60 to early 70's b-bodies. Will they fit my 79 Cordoba? It seems no one remembers the Cordoba..or includes them in the compatibility info.

ANY SYSTEM WILL WORK WITH A HAMMER AND SAWZ ALL... :iamwithstupid:

I got mine from TTI.79 Cordoba 300. Fit perfect and sounds great. 2 1/2'' from front to back.Photo of pipe near starter looks close but has plenty of clearance.
The kick out of the passanger pipe is for oil filter removal and also has plenty of room.Comes complete with brackets and hangers and all clanps. Roughly $600 shipped to your door.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to say that TTI's web site shows the listing for the 75 - 79 B Body.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you can also get them in 3'' and for headers.

Attachments

• IMG_2117.jpg
    IMG_2117.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_2116.jpg
    IMG_2116.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_2118.jpg
    IMG_2118.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 261
Wow! Looks awsome! The local shop quoted me a similar price. When I visited the site and see I have a few decisions to make. I am torn between doing it my self, because I've done so much of it, or taking it in.Thanx for the diredtion.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I use breaklines for transmission cooling lines?

May have issues with gas tank if the car was originally equipped with a single exhaust. Single exhaust cars had larger gas tanks that were off center to the passenger side.

Can I use breaklines for transmission cooling lines?

Break lines are typically smaller diameter (less flow) than transmission cooling lines. Why would you want to use them vice the correct lines?

As far as the gas tank issue goes.I did my fathers 75 Charger,we loosened the straps and moved the tank over slightly to gain extra clearance.That was with home made duals. I don't know if you have to do it with the TTI's.You can call and ask for Mike or Sam.Most calls go to Sam for tech advice.

Just a extra note. I always install new engine and transmission mounts before the exhaust.This eliminates any clearance issues especially when installing headers.

- - - Updated - - -

A few threads down from this one,, look for "TTI Exhaust Photos" You will find additional photos.

Thanx guys! The local performance shop wants to sell me steel lines for my transmission cooling lines...The local auto store does not catalog back to the 70's. The thread is 1/8. The biggest line I found was 3/16 that accomodated a 1/8 flair nut. But upon install I learned that it is a compression fit not a flair fit. So I gave up on hard lines and ran rubber transmission lines with clamps. I have ben so confused by all this NPT, MPT, OD, and ND.... Do you think rubber lines are going to be ok?

No. Your best bet would be to order the right cooler lines from a place like Fine Lines or The Right Stuff. They are not expensive. You will be way better off in the long run.
May I ask what happened to your originals ?

I threw them away years ago thinking I would replace everything...

Auto Transport Service
Back