• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will It FIT?

MelroseMopar

Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
I found a 1968 Satellite hood that i would like to put on my 1969 coronet. Wondering if it will fit?
Thanks in advance.

:lol: I have chicks ask me the same question all the time.

I have a interchange manual. Yep says it wont fit. I thought for sure it would bolt right on.
The book is a aftermarket book published by MBI. I always wondered how accurate it is? In other words do I trust it???

I have a interchange manual. Yep says it wont fit. I thought for sure it would bolt right on.
The book is a aftermarket book published by MBI. I always wondered how accurate it is? In other words do I trust it???
Oh it might bolt on to the hinges but that's it. Everything else will not line up correctly.

Don't like the A12 hood that's on there? (assuming you're talking about the car in your profile pic)

Belv/Sat/RR hood would bolt on, "fit" the cowl, and run parallel along the fenders -...but latches probably wouldn't align and I'd expect some crashing/big gaps at the grille. Coronets have upward fender and hood contour at the front that others don't; '69 is pretty subtle. Even a '68 Coronet hood isn't going to be "right" at the grille for a '69 - '69 grille shape is a one and done.

Unfortunately I don't have something for you - I'm only 10 miles or so away. You're just looking to go to a flat hood? Maybe check Classy Chassis on 53 by Drugan's? Elmers?

Mark

@MelroseMopar - made you a quick composite. They're all quite different and it's easy to see like this.
Composite.jpg

68 or 69 Coronet plain, bubble or Ramcharger hood are the only fits. 69 uses a hood extension lip to fit the grill detent.

Don't like the A12 hood that's on there? (assuming you're talking about the car in your profile pic)

Belv/Sat/RR hood would bolt on, "fit" the cowl, and run parallel along the fenders -...but latches probably wouldn't align and I'd expect some crashing/big gaps at the grille. Coronets have upward fender and hood contour at the front that others don't; '69 is pretty subtle. Even a '68 Coronet hood isn't going to be "right" at the grille for a '69 - '69 grille shape is a one and done.

Unfortunately I don't have something for you - I'm only 10 miles or so away. You're just looking to go to a flat hood? Maybe check Classy Chassis on 53 by Drugan's? Elmers?

Mark
I decided to go with dual quads on a tunnel ram and I’m looking for an old beater hood that I can cut up, looking more and more like I’ll just have to bite the bullet and spend 800 bucks on fiberglass.(yes, I’m keeping the A
C1D2D6CD-6FF3-4BC3-9ECF-046F381BB812.jpeg
12 hood.)

Truly, thank you everyone that replied. Has been one of those you don’t know what you don’t know until you know you know? Kind of posts.

And you’re welcome to everyone that was able to use the “that’s what she said lines” lol too funny

...old beater hood that I can cut up...
If you want, hold on to your money for now, and I have a '69 Roadrunner/GTX Sport hood that some previous owner already cut a big hole in right between the fresh air ports. You can experiment with it if you want. You could finalize a template with it, if nothing else. If you can wait a few weeks, I can probably get you a steel '69 coronet hood for about a couple hundred. I'll send you a PM with my phone.

M

Auto Transport Service
Back