• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wilwood disk brakes or Drum brakes ?

funnykarman

Local time
4:02 AM
Reaction score
Need input from both sides of fence on disk or drum brakes for my1965 Coronet AFX car . I know that the disks stop better but what combo are you running ? I have the 11 inch drums up front and the back will be from a 1965 Monaco with the 3 inch shoes and big drums . Any input will be appreciated . Thanks John

My C body would stop just fine from 123 mph....once.
Did a Wilwood disc swap and it is a huge performance improvement, plus dropped a few pounds.

1st put up a picture of that AWB car!!!:xscuseless:
2nd,how fast will the car be and will you drag race it??
I went 127 MPH with a single pot master @ 3900 lbs and just knew it was time.I did the regular SSBC conversion,,lost some weight and no problem stopping from almost 150 MPH @ 3700 lbs,still have Dana rear drums:thumbsup:

Yes I agree
My C body would stop just fine from 123 mph....once.
Did a Wilwood disc swap and it is a huge performance improvement, plus dropped a few pounds.[/Q Yes I agree with you on the Wilwoods ability to stop the car but I am 70 yrs old and that fast would never happen for me . It's just hard for me to justify the price , just looking for

1st put up a picture of that AWB car!!!:xscuseless:
2nd,how fast will the car be and will you drag race it??
I went 127 MPH with a single pot master @ 3900 lbs and just knew it was time.I did the regular SSBC conversion,,lost some weight and no problem stopping from almost 150 MPH @ 3700 lbs,still have Dana rear drums:thumbsup:
Thanks for your reply , my car is NOT a race car but a street car when I finish , When I finish it I just want to cruse it and have fun watching folks faces . I am 70 years old and high end passes are not in my future . Just wanted some feed back . Wilwood brakes are some of the best out there but I am having a problem justifying the cost , with everything costing over $2k for just driving around . As far as pic's look up 1965 AFX Coronet in members projects , 4 pages of pics . Thanks for your input John

Auto Transport Service
Back