• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window channel mylar - installation questions

SDCoronet

Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
Guys I’m trying to put my doors back together. I purchased some Mopar window channels off eBay a couple years ago when they were still available. Up close, they appear to be somewhat different than original. See pics

1.Is this the right part? Will these work on the car? It appears to be quite a bit more material on the outside of these.

2. How did you guys make the holes in these without messing them up? The only thing I could imagine that’ll work as if I use a handheld paper hole punch.

Thanks in advance!

60C0C942-D196-4088-B64F-09F5D7504AF3.jpeg 053E773C-62D2-4499-B2DA-3575E263C5C1.jpeg View attachment 995109 1DB7D584-8977-488D-9C2F-30673D8F95C7.jpeg

Yep that’s the right ones they are a bit thicker and make the window roll up a little harder
but they work. Your right on with the hand held paper punch that’s what I use on mine.

I tried a hole punch on the first one I did. Worked ok, except my hole placement was a tad off and I ended up scraping that one. On the next ones I used a pencil tip solder iron and that worked much better. Put the plastic on the window exactly where it needed to be and plunged the iron through the hole in the glass.

The rebop white slider clips don't fit right either - if you still have them, reuse the originals.
Coincidentally, Dennis H just started a thread on this very subject -check it out under Recent Posts.

The rebop white slider clips don't fit right either - if you still have them, reuse the originals.
Coincidentally, Dennis H just started a thread on this very subject -check it out under Recent Posts.[/QUOTE

yep this too^^^^

Great thanks guys. I used the soldering iron to make the holes exactly where I needed them to be. Second question. I have the glass and track inside the door now. how do I get the outer wipe in? If I remember correctly, the forward edge of the stock wiper is actually next to the stainless channel , forcing it outward a little. I suppose I have to lift the wind-wing frame out a little bit to clip the wiper in, then set it back?

A372756F-B751-49C0-8319-D5AA97B18A9D.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok, I just read the other thread. I guess I should have put them in first damnit.

Could somebody post picture or two of the top of their door, with the window down, facing down at the glass channel?

I want to confirm that is right before I move on. Thanks again guys.

BF54951C-3C01-4635-94DD-205460B64796.jpeg

Thanks for that Mechanic. It looks like your outer glass wiper stops right at the stainless steel channel. Mine goes past it a little, pushing it inward. I am now wondering if I should cut it back.

I don't recall mine needing any trimming. Check you part number and make sure you got the right parts. If it goes between the door and wing window frame it will interfere with your side window adjustment.

Auto Transport Service
Back