• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

window channel slides.

Ghostrider 67

Jack Stand Racer #6..and proud of it!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:39 PM
Reaction score
Who sells these little slides that are on the top and bottom of the front door glass channels?

So, these slides, along with the clear plastic sheaths ride inside a channel next to the wing window and serve to keep the glass from tipping backwards while in motion? Right? What about the rear edge of the door glass? Does that piece of trim get glued on, press fit? Is it supposed to have a plastic sheath as well, a gasket? Felt? Thanks.

Located in the door cavity is a channel that locates the glass for the correct alignment. Based on the year model and body style, dictates which style of channel was used. The channel is lined with a heavy rubber extrusion that is flocked so as to assist in allowing the glass to go up and down smoothly. It also protects the stainless trim found on some of the glass from getting scratched. The original extrusion was held in place with two rivets per channel and a very light bead of glue. It was a formed extrusion which fits tightly to the channel.

The extrusion can be changed out with little effort. Most restorations do not go to this level and due to the location, some of them are in decent shape and do not need to be replaced. Depends greatly on what the door was exposed to over the years.

Not sure of the year model that you might be working with, but the 66/67 extrusion is no longer available. The 68 to 70 extrusion is available and there is different profiles based on being a hardtop, two door sedan or convertible. On a side note, the E-Body glass channel run is also available.

Hopes that this might help. I have attached a picture of the 68-70 B-Body Hardtop and Convertible profiles. The Sedan profile is approximately half the size of the the two pictured.

68_70 Glass Run_1A.jpg

Thank you. that helps a lot. I believe my channels are in okay shape. The upper drivers door slides were missing and the bottom is there. There is also a clear thin sheath that hugs the SS trim that fastens to the glass edge and is as long as the glass is. I don't see that for sale either. The slides that I do have seem worn but I have no good ones with which to make a comparison. So, the 67 Coronet channel has grooves in it that the slides ride in which in turn keeps the door glass from tipping backwards, yes? And THAT channel is no longer available.

I think Layson`s has repo`s of the channel run.
Somewhere there was extensive dialogue on this subject awhile ago.
They were the same for ABC body 2 dr hard tops 66 to 70 0r later.

The mylar runs that attaches to the front edge of the door glass are available in the reproduction form for the 66 and up applications. To properly install the door glass, you will need the mylar runs and the H-pins. Removing the door glass from the door frame after 50 plus years, I bet the mylar runs will be nothing but shreds and will need to be replaced.

The stainless trim attached at the back of the door glass is held in place with glass setting tape. That trim is not reproduced. The quarter glass seal that attaches to the trim is readily available from at least three different manufactures. But the lockside channel for the 66-67 B-Bodies has not been available for approximately four years.

I am not exactly sure what you are referring to as a upper door slide as missing and the lowers are in place. You can give me a call if need be.

The top H pin. Was missing, just a hole thru the trim. The Mylar, at least on the driver door glass seems to be in one piece. I noticed there seemed to be a layer of something in the rear trim that held it on the glass. Was not sure if a glue or what. Thanks for all of the info, I better understand now how it all works and what I need.

If you want some pics of how the glass setting tape works go to tony’s parts and look at the vent window pivot replacement instructions. the rear chrome on the side glass attaches in the same fashoin

Last edited:
If you wants some pics of how the glass setting tape works go to tony’s parts and look at the vent window pivot replacement instructions. the rear chrome on the side glass attaches in the same fashoin
Thanks very much! Although I myself DO know how it works there may be other readers of this thread now or in the future who do not. Great suggestion.

Auto Transport Service
Back