• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window rear run channel - rivets ?

Jack Parmentier

Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

Installing the rubber felt pieces (AS2001) into the window rear run channel on my '69 Charger, but it did not include rivets... can I use pop-rivets ? Was not sure if the window glass metal channel would interfere if I used them... thanks...

rear run channel.jpg

ap619e.jpg

Drill out the originals.
ap619f.jpg

OE and reproduction seal
ap619h.jpg

I have a few rivets around..
ap719a.jpg

Original, aircraft rivet I used and the way oversize tubulars that came with my seals that I discarded.
ap719b.jpg

New seals in place, uncut.
ap719c.jpg

Drill new hole in new seal.
ap719d.jpg

Insert new rivet.
ap719g.jpg

Rivet head backed up with an ejector pin/punch same diameter as head and shop head formed with hammer.
ap719h.jpg

Done deal.
ap719i.jpg

The "smash" rivets that came with my DMT rear channels worked really well.
As long as the fastener is buried well below the felt, anything will work.
Keeping it smooth is the name of the game.

Thanks for the help/photos.... unfortunately I just realized I ordered the wrong channel felts (AS2001) for a Charger. ( Doh ! ) These are for a 4Dr. sedan...

Just ordered the correct ones from DMT that include rivets (AS990033) for 2Dr. HT -- that are alot wider.

Seems final assembly on my car resto is taking soooo long. : (

Thanks for the help/photos.... unfortunately I just realized I ordered the wrong channel felts (AS2001) for a Charger. ( Doh ! ) These are for a 4Dr. sedan...

Just ordered the correct ones from DMT that include rivets (AS990033) for 2Dr. HT -- that are alot wider.

Seems final assembly on my car resto is taking soooo long. : (
Well if you resell the AS2001's they are correct for anyone here with a post car, 2 door coupe, 68/69/70 Bee's/roadrunners...
beerestoration2019 2753.JPG

View attachment 1214305
Drill out the originals.
View attachment 1214306
OE and reproduction seal
View attachment 1214308
I have a few rivets around..
View attachment 1214309
Original, aircraft rivet I used and the way oversize tubulars that came with my seals that I discarded.
View attachment 1214310
New seals in place, uncut.
View attachment 1214311
Drill new hole in new seal.
View attachment 1214312
Insert new rivet.
View attachment 1214315
Rivet head backed up with an ejector pin/punch same diameter as head and shop head formed with hammer.
View attachment 1214317
Done deal.
View attachment 1214316
Awesome! Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back