• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window Regulator Differences 66 vs 67 Charger

Sam69sat

Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
I'm skeptical on that.. I think they mean 66 67 Chargers. They had a longer shaft for the fatter door panels.

Remcharger is correct. 66-67 Charger regulators are longer. See pic. I would trade my Coronet regulators for your Charger ones if you're interested.
20210912_152653_HDR.jpg

I do have a Coronet 4 door parts car. Wonder if the regulators are the same? Or is it possible to swap out the longer Charger window crank shafts for the shorter coronet shafts?

I do have a Coronet 4 door parts car. Wonder if the regulators are the same? Or is it possible to swap out the longer Charger window crank shafts for the shorter coronet shafts?
No the 4 door regulators are shorter. Coronet and Satellite 2 doors are the same. The Charger has a different window crank shaft length.

No the 4 door regulators are shorter. Coronet and Satellite 2 doors are the same. The Charger has a different window crank shaft length.
Anyone know if there is a black washer used behind the window crank chrome spacer, and is it slightly larger than the chrome spacer to prevent contacting the door panel?
Thanks

This is the spacer I'm referring too.
1699388034713.png

If the black washer you showed is for a Coronet handle, it falls into the chrome spacer and is not the right one.

Can anyone confirm if an anti scuff washer goes in behind the chrome spacer on 66/67 Chargers.

Does the black washer hang out slightly over the chrome spacer to keep the spacer from rubbing the door panel?

Does the black washer hang out slightly over the chrome spacer to keep the spacer from rubbing the door panel?
The washers I have fall into the chrome spacer and are made for a Coronet that sit under the crank and keeps the crank from wearing thru the vinyl.

My washers are the same size as the chrome bezels/spacers. Only way they can be seen is if you push in the upholstery. Not sure if the spacers hold them in place or the size of the hole is close to the size of the spline. I'll yank one out in the morning and check.

My guess is they were the same size as the bezel. If you could check that would be much appreciated!

The washer is approximately 2" and is held in place by the flange on the arm. the spacer is sandwiched in between the washer and the arm. Let me know if you need any more shots or measurements.

knob1.jpg

knob2.jpg

knob3.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back