• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window Run Channel

Jerry,
You may already know this but even the ones that were reproduced by mopar the white plastic guides don’t work very well. Just saying reuse your originals if possible the actual plastic run with flocking works great but have no experience with the ones in question.

I have a NOS set to use on my Satellite project, but bought these to compare them before I use my last set. With NOS being almost 5 times as much, I don't see it as a waste to look and see. There is no flocking left on my originals, but they are still in place.

I used those Mopar repos that look identical to those ebay ones. The white guides did not work well at all so I sanded them down a little bit, removing material until I got the windows to come up and down in a mostly acceptable manner. I didn't re-use my originals because I would have had to do more cutting of the channel run, and I was trying avoid that. I probably should have sanded them down a little bit more, but I didn't want to overdo it.

Has anyone used these reproduction run channel pieces and with results?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3041213202...e64FvegTv-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Photo #7 in the advert link tells it like it is....

upload_2022-5-23_10-28-51.png

I have used something like that in the past - ex The Paddock - worked OK....but not like real ones would have. They do a reasonable job.

I have a NOS set to use on my Satellite project, but bought these to compare them before I use my last set. With NOS being almost 5 times as much, I don't see it as a waste to look and see. There is no flocking left on my originals, but they are still in place.
Try graphite powder on your guides - that stuff works wonders on modern car window fuzzies.

Auto Transport Service
Back