• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window track felt

Scott Engelhardt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking for the felt that goes in the window tracks. Mine is almost completely gone.
Anyone know where I can get the tracks relined? I ordered some liner and it dont fit just wondering if anyone here has done this before.

For the door runs I just bought this. It's the cheapest out there. It's 4" wide so I plan on cutting it in half. 2"x 2' is about how wide and long each track takes. I ordered 2 feet, $6.00, Free shipping.

I'm guessing there might be better out there but this should work ok. You have to clean the track, then cut this to fit, then glue it in the track with contact adhesive.

https://www.ebay.com/i/332170426723...6%26rvr_ts%3D497ace281640a9cc27645d84fffd5133

What year model and body style are you inquiring about? For the earlier model B-Bodies, 62 to 65, the only thing available is the mohair style material that is glued into place and cut to length. It is available in a 2-7/8" width for the lockside channel and will require 2 feet per side. For the vent window division bar, the same material is used in a 1-5/8" width with 3-1/2' per side.
For the 66-67 B-Bodies, the lockside channel is no longer available. For the 68-70 B-Bodies, the lockside channel is available. The sedan channel is different from the hardtop/convertible channel. For the vent window division bar, the Chrysler mylar insert has been discontinued. The reproduction mylar insert has been on back order for four plus months and not sure of an ETA if it will be available.

For the earlier model B-Bodies, 62 to 65, the only thing available is the mohair style material that is glued into place and cut to length. It is available in a 2-7/8" width for the lockside channel and will require 2 feet per side.

My '62 channel measures a total of 2 inches (three sides of the channel) and 2 feet long. Where does 2-7/8" come from, is that extra hanging out of the channel?

I got some that glue into the channel, and don't like it. Some one else installed it and maybe If I had done it myself, it wouldn't be screwed up. Problem is, it is wider than the channel and so the sides have to be trimmed. It was not cut straight and doesn't look good. The edges that were cut are now showing loosened threads..........................MO

Unfortunately like many parts for these old cars, it is a matter of using what is readily available. The different run material will have to be trimmed to fit. The width that I suggested is what is readily available with the least amount of waste. The mohair liner has been in use since the 30s.

We use a Permatex gasket adhesive that can be brushed on to both the channel and material. By actually brushing the adhesive to the back of the mohair liner, it helps to reduce the likely hood to raveling.

If the mylar inserts are not brought back in the near future for the 66 to 70 applications, then that will be a VERY difficult piece to replace.

Kid , when you redo yours , show some pics . Thanks
You know me
p0707.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back