• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window weatherstripping

Uthman Clark

Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
i can not, for the life of me, figure out how this door weatherstripping fits into my 72 Satellite. Any one have pictures and input? I have a bad leak because of it’s absence.

AA92A8FF-298C-4F45-8DE8-97158F5147EF.jpeg 9C7155B1-ADF3-49E4-815D-44BADC66E461.jpeg 1CC8D560-593A-4DE4-9581-D9FA6AE68331.jpeg F6A5348E-ECDD-41CB-91AC-C06A8B386A82.jpeg

As Magnes stated above, you are needing the roofrail weatherstripping or seals. All 71 to 74 two door hardtops except for the Charger SE used the same seal, so they are readily available. Pricing and quality is pretty equivalent between the Metro and Soft Seal brands. Steele Rubber will be more than double the price, but will typically fit better although we have not really had any issues with the Metro or Soft Seal brands. I do know of a situation of a problem that Metro is working to resolve on the ends of their seals. If you can find a good used seal, I had much rather use them than any of the reproductions and this is from someone who is involved in the restoration manufacturing market place.

They simply push up inside of the stainless trim that you show in your pictures. Once you have them in your hands, it is pretty evident in how they will fit inside the channel. If your still having issues installing them, just post as the people here on the forum will help you out.

Auto Transport Service
Back