• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windshield/ rear glass clip questions

Mocajava

Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
I need the experts on this one and detailed help. Putting together my 69 2 dr/HT Coronet, getting ready to have front and rear glass installed. when I bought the car it was partially torn down. ...5 years ago. removed front and rear glass at that time and bagged the parts. Flash forward to present and I have the original clips from front and rear, but I found a bag of clips included with sale that are new and colored. I read discussions of the "junk" that is being sold AFTER I bought clips for both windows from RT Specialties. I have posted pictures of the old ones I removed and new clips in the bags included with my car(possibly OEM stuff?). First off, I don't remember which clips go where scattered around the glass perimeter, secondly... there seems to be a lot of irregular shapes from the stuff I took out that are NOT included in the NEW stuff I just bought. I am very confused as to the difference and will I be better off trying to clean up the old stuff... or use the colored ones I got extra with car.... OR try and use the new ones from RTS? I could really use some coaching on the correct shape and placement for whichever set of clips I need to use..hoping to see some descriptive pictures of shape and placement?! First picture top left is some of the clips I removed from windshield ...and possibly some trim clips thrown in, second picture is of the clips I found with car that appear to be new/ possibly OEM? Thanks for your advice!
Clips1.jpg
Clips2.jpg

I just did this on my 68 Runner, rear glass only. The second pic with the blue clips should be for the rear. If you look at the OEM clips they have a tab that grips the trim better. I would salvage as many as I could, the repop ones I got don’t work worth a damm.

Thanks Wagonman, if the blue ones are OEM as I suspect, that will take care of back window! The ones I got from RTS are for rear and different, don't have the rubber disc on back and I am told their quality is not there. Sure wish someone has some type of chart or pictures that would help me figure out the ones for the windshield! Thanks again!

Auto Transport Service
Back