• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windshield washer installation

Charger Ted

Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
When I bought my 66 Charger in 2013 it did not have windshield washers. It did have the reservoir but that has since broken. I want to install the washers but how. Year one has a kit. Has anyone bought it and does it work and any good? The big question is, how do you install the squitter nozzles in the cowl? TIA

Charger Ted

When I bought my 66 Charger in 2013 it did not have windshield washers. It did have the reservoir but that has since broken. I want to install the washers but how. Year one has a kit. Has anyone bought it and does it work and any good? The big question is, how do you install the squitter nozzles in the cowl? TIA

Charger Ted
I bought mine from a different vendor but they had instructions included. I'll see if I can find mine and scan them.

Should be hole there on cowl. They should supply 4 small screws I believe.

Can't find my instructions but here is a picture. The squirters are under the silver tabs and need to be adjusted.
wwasher.jpg

Can't find my instructions but here is a picture. The squirters are under the silver tabs and need to be adjusted.View attachment 1138199
Thank You. Sure enough the holes are there. Never thought of lifting the hood and looking there. Looked everywhere else, into the cowl and under the dashboard. Looks like a simple installation. Thank You again. This list is great.
Charger Ted

Thank You. Sure enough the holes are there. Never thought of lifting the hood and looking there. Looked everywhere else, into the cowl and under the dashboard. Looks like a simple installation. Thank You again. This list is great.
Charger Ted

Super simple. Good luck. One-Piece-at-a-Time!

Charger Ted
Yeah, without this forum and all the knowledgeable owners help my 66 would be yard art instead of my daily driver.

OK, got the washer system figures out. Seems simple (should not have said that). Car came with reservoir and that's all. It was brittle and broke several months ago when a wrench dropped on it. It emptied (no pump attached) out the bottom but the reservoirs I see on line empty out the end. Which is original? Any recommendations on what pump is original. Also who is a good supplier.
TIA Charger Ted

Here is a picture. The pump is separate. Mine is original but not working so I will be in the market for one also.

IMG_20201017_170746.jpg

Last edited:
OK, got the washer system figures out. Seems simple (should not have said that). Car came with reservoir and that's all. It was brittle and broke several months ago when a wrench dropped on it. It emptied (no pump attached) out the bottom but the reservoirs I see on line empty out the end. Which is original? Any recommendations on what pump is original. Also who is a good supplier.
TIA Charger Ted

Believe it or not, the 1966 Mustang had the same pump. Here it is. https://www.cjponyparts.com/acp-win...MIkYqJs8rq8QIVS-HICh2v6gxnEAQYASABEgIkePD_BwE
wwp1_4.1083.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back