• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

windshield wiper switch wiring

pistolgrip

Local time
11:15 AM
Reaction score
First, let me thank Nacho for the diagram he sent me. I should have mentioned that i am installing a new wiring harness. The factory bulk head no longer exist. I am in need of the placement for the wiring on the switch (which wire goes where) such as, which wire go to power, low speed, high speed etc... Any help will be deeply appreciated.

pistolgrip

Not sure what car or year you're working on but you may want to check out mymopar.com. for your wiper motor wiring

The switch got letter codes. I think for your case, FSM is the best bet of you want more detailed info since there appears the bench test and will decode every wire function.

I know pink on switch is power from fuse box, blue on both ends is parking ( reversing the motor turn ) which is allways hot while key is in RUN or ACC. Brown red and green should be the speeds. Except for one of the browns which is washer ( I think brown traced )

On this diagram for 70 E body ( similar to 71 B body ) you get the prongs codes associated to the wire color. Prongs disposition is diff between 71 and 72/74 but prongs label remains the same with each wire color. Just match the letter labels with the wiper motor harness on the new underdahs harness.

The diagram I posted on your previous thread also shows the letter codes on diagram but just harder to read, or you didn't know what it was that. Here is clearer. A, B, P, F1, F2

( two and 3 speeds the same on wiring and codes, differences are internally on switch and how motor reacts to that )

mopar-wipers-jpg-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Here another

I was wrong, Brown traced is some speed, mostly sure slow speed since I recall the brown wire arriving to the resistor on 2 speeds motors. Solid brown is washer. Labeled as W

P- blue is parking
B- pink is power from fuse box ACC side ( in Run or Acc )
A, F1 and F2... Brown Traced, Red, Dark green are the speeds
W- solid brown, is washer

Don't pay attention on prongs disposition on these pics because these will match just to 71 B bodies ( and 70/71 E ) but on codes on back of switch. Is the same for all.

c97fbec2-b0ef-46bd-a9d2-a89fa7086b7e-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back