• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windshield wiper wiring

Gus chiggins

Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
My 67 belvedere has a variable speed wiper motor my question is this ; is the wiring on the bulkhead connector in the correct order. I will enclose some pictures. It seems confusing. Any idea's?? My switch was refurbished, and i will get it back this week sometime. The switch was non operable.

20230327_180818.jpg

20230327_180844.jpg

20230327_180918.jpg

20230327_180914.jpg

Here is a pic of the original harness in my 67 Belv Ii Convertible with variable speed wipers.

20230327_195619.jpg

Looked at a couple 66/67 wipers i have and they match what copper67sat posted. One of them was exactly like that with 3 wires red, blue, brown. The other was green, red, blue, brown which matches up with the diagram you posted. Doesn't look like you have them in the correct order.

Looked at a couple 66/67 wipers i have and they match what copper67sat posted. One of them was exactly like that with 3 wires red, blue, brown. The other was green, red, blue, brown which matches up with the diagram you posted. Doesn't look like you have them in the correct order.
I figured as much. I bought the wiper motor some time ago. It's just a matter of rearranging the wires in the connector. Thanks

Interesting, my hardtop has a 2-speed wiper and the bulkhead wiring is the same 3 wires as my convertible with the variable speed. Neither has the green wire. Wonder what application uses the green wire.

Interesting, my hardtop has a 2-speed wiper and the bulkhead wiring is the same 3 wires as my convertible with the variable speed. Neither has the green wire. Wonder what application uses the green wire.
Don't know, but when i used my power probe, and powered up the green wire inside the cabin, the wipers fired up. Which tells me the green wire in the wiper motor connector is in the wrong slot. Could be a mid year thing with the green wire ?

Last edited:

Hmmm, not sure. Looked at one in my 66 coronet and it has all 4 wires. It was a stripped down car when i got it so i can't be sure it's original. The guy gave me the dash harness and it also has the green wire that corresponds to the wiper. Not sure if it's 2 speed or variable. Car is a non ac Coronet 500 console auto.

Hmmm, not sure. Looked at one in my 66 coronet and it has all 4 wires. It was a stripped down car when i got it so i can't be sure it's original. The guy gave me the dash harness and it also has the green wire that corresponds to the wiper. Not sure if it's 2 speed or variable. Car is a non ac Coronet 500 console auto.
I relocated the male connectors in the wiper harness. The wires were out of order, i corrected them to green, red, blue, brown. Wipers work, and they park. I just have to not get caught up in being "paralyzed"

Auto Transport Service
Back