• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper Blade Refills

eric2632

Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
I guess back in the day before we became such a throw away society, you would just replace the rubber part of the wiper blade not frame and all. These frames I assume are the original on my 77 Cordoba. I tried putting on the standard replacement frame/blade sets on and they fit except are too tall and hit the hood. I have been digging for the old wiper “refills“ and see some stuff on amazon but not sure if they will fit. Anyone have experience with this and can point me in the right direction before I try to learn by denial and error? Thanks!

5344F130-4DB8-43B9-8771-2F7296E11C46.jpeg

Haven't tried buying refills and trying them yet on my stuff. Anco seems to have a vintage line (with frames), and Trico used to have a "classic," labeled product (also with frames) that looked lower profile and would fit our applications.

I thought someone used to sell silicone wiper refills at a time too - in thoughts it wouldn't harden and degrade as fast on our cars that sit some of the year. Silicone wipers seemed to drag heavily across the windshield on my daily drivers. They wouldn't skip, but they would grip/skid irregularly and also be smeary at times to the point of difficult visibility.

Reading reviews on what you find might be your next best chance. Let us know how it works out if you come to a conclusion!

I googled Anco refill wipers for 1977 Cordoba. Might have said refill wiper blades.
Appears that a few places have them on EBAY. Hope this helps.

Trico classic from O'Reilly. Just slip the blade out of the new ones and into your originals. That's what I did on my 68. Might be the same for you.

Napa was a winner. Just went in and test fit parts til we found a fit. I believe the width ended up showing as 8mm. Length isn’t an issue because you can trim away the excess. Napa part number shown in picture. Thanks all who replied and maybe this will be useful to someone else.

758B689F-16D3-4F8E-8E8D-8E0837A2CD2F.jpeg

A9AFA2E5-ABE5-4534-90E9-CF0B5CF85B9B.jpeg

if anyone wants a quantity of them, give me a call...
I guess back in the day before we became such a throw away society, you would just replace the rubber part of the wiper blade not frame and all. These frames I assume are the original on my 77 Cordoba. I tried putting on the standard replacement frame/blade sets on and they fit except are too tall and hit the hood. I have been digging for the old wiper “refills“ and see some stuff on amazon but not sure if they will fit. Anyone have experience with this and can point me in the right direction before I try to learn by denial and error? Thanks!

View attachment 1439538

Trico classic from O'Reilly. Just slip the blade out of the new ones and into your originals. That's what I did on my 68. Might be the same for you.
Just got a pair from Oreilly today. Trico Classic 33-150 about $20 each. Look original and fit good. FYI 33-150 are 15"

Auto Transport Service
Back