• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper Blade Removal

ODZKing

Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
Well, this seemed quite obvious to me but yet I am struggling. 67 Charger, the standard arm with slide on blade. There is a little lever under that requires a press and should slide right off ... no? Mine will not budge. Just to be clear it's called a bayonet connector, pictured.
Any tricks I am not aware of??????
WiperBladeBayonet.jpg

You need a small narrow flat head screwdriver to fit between the top of the arm and the little spring tab sticking out on the top of the wiper blade frame and pop up on spring tab while gently pulling blade assembly off of the arm. You are trying to unlock the blade assembly from the pin on the arm. If like on my car I have the original blade frame so I just replaced the blade inserts and kept my metal original frames.
Put something between the windshield and wiper like a floor mat so you don't scratch or crack the windshield.
It is a bayonet style wiper arm.

Yep, that did it, came right off. Thank you.
I knew I was missing something.

Auto Transport Service
Back