• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper cam help please

KenX

Local time
9:45 PM
Reaction score
How do I remove the wiper cam from a 1978 Cordoba? It doesn't have an clips that I can see and it is really hard to get to.

This is the orange plastic "puck" between the motor arm and the actual linkage.

It looks like it should pry off but I thought I'd ask before I broke something. I've searched forums, google, youtube without an luck.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Have that in my watchlist! Also found it on vans auto. Good to have a back up but I hope it doesn’t come to that!

Fantastic to see the repair kit still produced. Just my cup of tea and will hurry up an order for the set. I must say it is a little comlicated solution though.

20230416_152222.jpg

20230416_154506.jpg

I noticed that the reproduced cam is like a mirror image of the original and asked MP about it and they said "it should work, just use the inside parts".

mirror_cam.jpg

Thanks for your mail but I have seen those and noted that it is not the same (or so I have been informed) See below.
The original Chrysler spares number is 3799 445 as per my spares book.

Thanks a million for letting me know. Point taken and I shall put on my "Thinking Hat".
Have a wonderful week and thanks for letting me pester you.
Gunnar​

59imperial
Hello, the diameter of the hole in the arm is different.
gunnaschrde_6:
Thanks for your reply but it does really look like the one fitted to mine. Even if it is a Dodge Diplomat I see no really difference. Having said that I seem to spot a different location where the steel ball is fitted. Yours are around 11 o' clock while mine is around 5.
Any idea of where to obtain one? The bottom one is in perfect condition but that nylon washer with a hook seems to be correct. And: mine has a spring inside.
Sorry to pester you but I have no idea of where to find one. My speciallity is old motorcycles of which I have three.

I wish you a wonderful day.
Safe driving
Gunnar
59imperial
Sorry, but this will not fit your car. It will not fit a LeBaron or Diplomat.
gunnaschrde_6:
Hi there,
My name is Gunnar Schroder and I have started to renovate my old Dodge Le Baron Coupè from 1978. (Yes, it says so due to the fact that in Europe Opel had the Diplomat name)
I have had her for 43 years and dusted her off from a mothball storage last year. She runs very well and brakes are as new. However the windshield wiper packed in last Friday and when dismantlig it I found the bushind was crapped as per attached photos. Stumbling over your sets thanks to MOPAR Forum by sheer luck I found your set and presume it is the correct one.
Please advice if this is the correct set and give me a quote for shipment to Norway. From Rockauto I have got hold of a lot of small parts that are " Handy to have in case....." but these are not what they seem to stock.
Thanking you in advance for your help and quotation.
Regards
Gunnar Schroder

Hi all, here is a copy of the spares manual so you can seach for the items. Please give me a shout if you get hold of a company still having a set of the correct bushings. Safe driving to all of you.

Windscreet wiaper motor 1.jpg

Windscreet wiaper motor 2.jpg

I saw this post and thought it was applicable to my dilemma. I recently purchased a 1979 Chrysler 300. Im having wiper issues. Here are some pics of what i found in wiper cowl. No pieces nothing except acorns and leaves. Im thinking someone had trouble in the past and just closed it up. I have seen the 75$ plastic bushing kit and im fine to get one of those. Im just afraid im missing other pieces and i have no idea how it all goes back together. Hoping it has directions. If i need to purchase a service manual ill do that as well. Thanks for any info

71346258256__3EA121F9-8FD6-4ABA-8515-5F7FE53AA463.jpg

71346252165__B2D6B8B5-12D4-4EA5-90EF-F4B839FC1DCB.jpg

I recently chatted with AMS Obolete in GA they have at least 2 1979 300s and I've heard they have more, hopefully they have the wiper part you're missing.

I was told "call, don't email" and that advice was accurate. I called every day for a week and only got a busy signal. Eventually I got through and they've been great!

Also congrats on picking up that 300! Was this an old wish finally fulfilled? Best of luck with it!

Auto Transport Service
Back