• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper cowl screen / mesh ?

65-440

Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score
Ok, maybe suffering from a mild case of paranoia but figured it would be worth a shot. On my '68 Coronet, the dash and heater box have been removed. I thoroughly cleaned out the wiper cowl of all natures crap. Shockingly there is no rot ! Before I put the heater box and dash back in I was thinking of somehow installing a metal screen on the bottom side of the cowl vent to prevent future crap from building up. Yes the car will be outside and driven on a regular basis. No garage queen this time ! Wondering if some of you folks have ventured down this road before ... thanks !

I have not, but I'm looking forward to seeing how yours looks/works if you go that route.. I pulled a bunch of crap out of mine.

I'm still tossing the idea around. Got some black aluminum mesh from home depot. Maybe attach it to the underside of the cowl with some seam sealer .....

Auto Transport Service
Back