• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wiper linkage

CarKnockerJim

Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
I have new bushings for my sons 77 Charger....we are having a heck of a time trying to get the linkage arms in place....any tips or advice??

Post some pics of what's going on.
I don't know how to put pics from my phone...I can get the bushings in the linkage arms but I cant get the bushings to snap on to the little metal tits on the arm pivot...no room to do anything in there....I tried a socket and c-clamp but that didn't work

Hit them with a hair drier for a bit to soften them up then use pliers if they fit to snap them in. They suck for sure.

Going through the same crap with my 79 300. That large plastic bushing that goes on the drive arm, well I got in the hole on the arm but it's a tight fit, I think it needs to rotate in the hole correct? Don't want to hook it up to try for fear if breaking the $75 piece of plastic. I'd also like to kick the designer of this mess.

Going through the same crap with my 79 300. That large plastic bushing that goes on the drive arm, well I got in the hole on the arm but it's a tight fit, I think it needs to rotate in the hole correct? Don't want to hook it up to try for fear if breaking the $75 piece of plastic. I'd also like to kick the designer of this mess.
The large cam on the motor I didn't have an issue with its the dang linkage end bushings...If it was mine Id say screw it rainx the heck out of it and roll it.....BUT its my sons car....safety 1st for my kids always

The large cam on the motor I didn't have an issue with its the dang linkage end bushings...If it was mine Id say screw it rainx the heck out of it and roll it.....BUT its my sons car....safety 1st for my kids always

I agree, safety first with your son's car. I'm rainx-ing like you said but I also leave the 300 home on rain days. Just thinking it would be nice if they worked.

I have never been able to get them snapped together while on the car. I have to take the entire linkage off the car to get them together correctly.

I have never been able to get them snapped together while on the car. I have to take the entire linkage off the car to get them together correctly.
how do I take the system off AND put back on...doesn't look possible

how do I take the system off AND put back on...doesn't look possible

There are nuts at the motor and the wiper arms. Take them off and you should be able to get the linkage arms out. Be prepared to shed some blood because there are a lot of sharp points in that small area.

You will never be able to install them in the car. Take them out and press the bushings in the vice with the correct size socket. Put a bit of silicone grease on them to make it easier. They make a very definite snap when they connect properly.

You will never be able to install them in the car. Take them out and press the bushings in the vice with the correct size socket. Put a bit of silicone grease on them to make it easier. They make a very definite snap when they connect properly.

Should the large bushing in the drive arm from the motor rotate in the hole or should it be a tight fit? Mine disintegrated so I have no idea what is correct. Thanks in advance for the help.

I can take a picture of an NOS arm and bushing and post it if that'd help any

Auto Transport Service
Back