• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper motor conversion

dodge68charger

Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
So i wanna put in a 3 speed wiper motor in my 68 charger, it originally came with a 2 speed motor. I have installed the proper 3 speed switch and crank arm under the dash for a 3 speed but am wondering if any companys sell restored 3 speed wiper motors for a 68 charger. Im not looking for the leece-nevile style. I tried calling passion for mopars but they have not returned any of my calls or emails. Would a 3 speed unit from any 68-70 b body work if i can find one? Thanks

Awsome link! Will the 3 speed wiper assembley work from any 68-70 b body and how do i tell i have the right motor. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 69 super bee parts car with a 3 speed motor, just wondering if that will work

I believe it should work. Note that you can also use A, E or C body motors as well, however the cover will likely have to be rotated to the b body position to make sure the timing is correct so that the parking position isn't somewhere in the middle of the windshield. And the crank arm may not match for the b body. Here's an example as marked by passion4mopars with a red arrow to show the proper location for B and E bodies.

wiperPlateLoc.jpg

Just wondering what you mean by the cover being rotated on the motor? I took the crank arm off the super bee and it had the correct part number i needed for the charger so im guessing it should work also. Not sure if the linkages under the dash were different though. Thanks

On that picture, the cover plate (the gray plate with the wires and red potting sealant) has a nib sticking out where the red arrow is. When the screws are loose or removed, the cover can be moved or rotated. Depending on the body style, that nib could have been located at a different location on the housing.

The under dash linkage is the same for both the 2 and 3 speed motors

Thanks guys, gonna take the motor off that bee n see what i can do with it.

If the wiper motor you have doesn't work, let me know. I have a few wiper motors that I am rebuilding as time allows me to do so. I am pretty sure one of the ones I haven't gotten too far into yet is a 68 3 speed.

Here's a page from a factory service manual on clocking the switch plate for the correct body style. Hope this helps someone in the future. I find alot of times that someone removes the switch plate and then puts it back on but didn't notice that there is a "nib", for lack of a better word, that actually clocks the motor and causes it to park in the correct position. Also, pay attention when you remove the switch plate because some had two nibs. If that's the case, the rivet goes towards the ground strap. If you accidentally clock the switch plate using the wrong nib as your guide, your results will be 180 out.

Switch plate clocking.JPG

Here is an expanded version of your diagram that I found on Moparts

5080073-3spWiperGearbox2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back