• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIPER MOTOR HELP

Builderguy

Builderguy
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
This is the two speed wiper motor off a 1973 Roadrunner. It was taken apart to get the linkage pieces to fit into their respective holes. This is a view of where the hold down clip attaches. Problem is the pieces came off and bounced around on the floor. Now I don't know if all the pieces are there or if they are in the right position. I think the first pic is correct placement. The second pic is how I think it goes once it flip over 180 degrees. I am going to look if any of my manuals show the placement but I figured I would ask as some my know this "like the back of their hand".

100_9331.JPG
100_9332.JPG

You are missing one plastic piece.

That's how it goes...The little metal clip that holds it all down isn't shown...I was impatient and used a thin washer with a C-clip to hold mine on...

Thanks pnora and Gort,
I did have the spring washer and the metal clip (just didn't have them in the pic) as I had already taken them off.
It is back together, but I will have to wait on the wiring to test it out. My 20 minute installation job took almost two hours to complete. What a pain. I was told you can have it all put together and then just slide everything in thru the wiper motor hole. Did not work for me, I had to take it apart at the wiper motor to make it work. Maybe there is some trick to doing it but it is in now and the beer is cold so all is good again.

Yes everything has to be assembled on the arm then bolted to the motor after its installed on the cowl. PITA. One thing on the two speeds is to make sure the round aluminum piece spins freely on the arm. They are commonly seized together and that will make it even more difficult to install. Glad you got it.

Link to another excellent post by Nacho on this very subject:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,15057.0.html

I actually rebuilt this cam assembly while it was still in the car on my '74 RR, through the cowl openings. It took me all weekend in the parking lot of my apartment to figure out how it was supposed to go together and my forearms and hands were covered in blood from being jammed in the well for hours at a time.

Jesus....no wonder I sold this car back in 1992! :lol: Also explains why the dust boot is now missing.

Auto Transport Service
Back