• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper motor help

clazar

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
I have a 70 RR with the three speed wipers. I don't use the wipers much since i don't take it out in the rain. But when I do use them to wipe the window, they stop right where I hit the switch to off. After a few minutes, they will then park themselves. What is wrong & how do I fix this issue.

Hmmm...that is odd. There is one wire in the top (?) plug at the bulkhead disconnect (the plug were the wiper motor wires go). One of those wires is the "return to park position when wipers are turned off" wire. Maybe a loose connection or corrosion at that wire? Maybe pull of that plug, clean the connections on both sides, add dielectric grease and plug it back in?

Sounds like a problem in the parking switch. There used to be a kit to repair the motor. The factory service manual has a procedure with jumper wires to diagnose the motor.

Auto Transport Service
Back