• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wiper motor spacers 67 coronet

snakeoil24

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how these three bushings get used on wiper motor please
301206-5d41bd1d62ac22fdb197669e9e480f42.jpg

They go into the wiper motor housing that attaches the firewall. The wiper motor attaching bolts go through them. There are also rubber grommets not shown in your picture.

The rubber grommets go into the wiper motor housing, then the metal bushings are pressed through the rubber grommets. Then you orient the wiper motor and bolt it to the firewall. This keeps the wiper motor from generating noise to the car as it is now rubber mounted.

Don't they go inside rubber grommets that mount the motor.

There are 3 studs on the car.
*Slide one barrel on each stud with the long side out, short side to the body.
*See that the rubber bushings are in each of the 3 holes of the motor
*Install the motor over the studs
*Make sure your brass ground strap is on one stud.
*Snug the attaching nuts.
*Plug in the wires
*Run the motor to make sure it is actually parked as the linkage can go on either direction.
*Install the crank arm on the back of the motor.
*Install linkage to crank arm.

Last edited:
Be careful that your linkage underneath is connected in the proper orientation.
They opening is not keyed on mine. The wipers went down instead of up.
Chipped the cowling.:BangHead::mad:

Good call Don. I had the same dilemma when putting my wiper motor back in because the blades can be clocked off by 180. Because I wasn't sure....I took the wiper arms off the car and installed zip ties on the posts to act as my surrogate wiper blades to indicate which direction the blades would go. That way, if I was off, it wouldn't hurt anything. Worked like a charm.

Auto Transport Service
Back