• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper switch wiring - 66 Satellite

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:06 AM
Reaction score
I had the instruments out of my Satellite to trouble shoot some lighting problems and when I was putting it all back together again I found two plugs to go back on the wiper switch that engage 7 of the 8 terminals. There is one terminal - that if it actually received a connection - will be a single plug. Wiring schematic shows it's a violet/purple wire. I haven't found it yet.

Before I pull the panel out again to rummage around back there, I thought I would ask to verify there is a 3rd plug (single connector) on the wiper switch? Anyone know where it runs from?

I looked at my 1967 Coronet FSM. It does not show a violet wire anywhere near the wiper switch. The only violet wire shown goes to the reverse lights. The manual shows only 7 terminals on the switch; red, brown 18 ga., pink, brown 16 ga., dark blue,white, dark green. Maybe your car has acquired the wrong switch over the years ? Like maybe for later 3-speed motor ?

I studied the wiring diagram in the 66 manual some more today and the violet w/T wire from the 8th terminal of the switch shows going to the back up light switch for auto trans. Since mine is a 4 speed it appears this violet wire isn't included in the wiring harness. So - looks like it just remains an open terminal on the switch.

Thanks for checking.

Mine is an automatic. But can crawl under the dash later this week if needed. Maybe able to do it tomorrow

Bill, since your car is a torqueflite I'm not sure it would be conclusive. I did another search under the dash and I’m pretty sure I haven’t overlooked another lead. That early 66 service manual wiring schematic is pretty pitiful and seems to have a few inconsistencies. I’ve ordered another, color coded wiring schematic and the 66 Hemi Supplement to the service manual. I’ll see what they show.

I looked up your garage photos and you have a really nice looking Hemi Satellite there. Except for the interior color and trans it looks like a near twin to mine.

Auto Transport Service
Back