• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wire question

Ceedawg

Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
3EAA948A-8F60-4A12-897C-423BA2FF2CA5.jpeg
trying to find out what this wire is for. It’s on the hemi car but not the 4 door. Also have a question for the 4speed back up lights wires.

2DDCD88B-C039-494F-B96B-9B658A66A4A1.jpeg 57DB5714-EA07-4874-A67F-39C2CB272770.jpeg
Wires where cut

We really need to know year/make/model. I'm not sure on the first question.....I "think" I know what you need on the 2nd question. The 4spd reverse light has two black wires coming out of the bulkhead disconnect right next to each other that go to a female plastic plug (2-prong obviously) and that little "pigtail" pair of wires is about 6" long. A male 2-prong with black wires comes up from the transmission's neutral safety switch.

For 4 speeds, there's one more wire by itself that goes to a different location on the bulkhead disconnect. That wire goes inside the car & to the "reverse light"

A 66 Hemi car? 2 are Alternator, coil wire temp sender. My best guess . Go to mymopar.com look in tools and reference and download a service manual.

edit the wires on passenger are what I posted.

I looked in my 69 manual, it said wires off the trans switch (2 prongs) are "part of battery to starting motor, starter relay, oil pressure (never thought of that one yet) and back-up lamp switch wiring (manual transmission)" dotted lines on diagram.
The bu wires then go to the wiper motor wirring assembly (d-c), all of them go into the harness, no cut wires. I'll trace those (d-c) to see if they go to that pigtail (3 wires)??

A 66 Hemi car? 2 are Alternator, coil wire temp sender. My best guess . Go to mymopar.com look in tools and reference and download a service manual.

edit the wires on passenger are what I posted.
Correct, bat, field, temp, coil

We really need to know year/make/model. I'm not sure on the first question.....I "think" I know what you need on the 2nd question. The 4spd reverse light has two black wires coming out of the bulkhead disconnect right next to each other that go to a female plastic plug (2-prong obviously) and that little "pigtail" pair of wires is about 6" long. A male 2-prong with black wires comes up from the transmission's neutral safety switch.

For 4 speeds, there's one more wire by itself that goes to a different location on the bulkhead disconnect. That wire goes inside the car & to the "reverse light"
66 Hemi 4 speed Belvedere II

66 is a one year only wiring harness because of the fender bracket. A rush job design I bet.

66 is a one year only wiring harness because of the fender bracket. A rush job design I bet.
Why the direct drive starter was used I'm not sure, it would have been simpler with the auto starter. Par for Chrysler though.

Why the direct drive starter was used I'm not sure, it would have been simpler with the auto starter. Par for Chrysler though.
They used D/D starter 66 to 69 I believe. I put a 70 and later flywheel etc when I put a Hemi with a 4 speed in my 65 Dodge. Didn't want to deal with the D/D starter, plus I lucked into a $75 blow shield.

What I plan also since I have the later parts. $750 for starter, $1000 for bell and $450 flywheel are just too much. Gonna be a driver, no show car. Just things that might have bin upgraded back in the day.

Auto Transport Service
Back