• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wire to starter relay from Key

pedal2themetal

Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
Hi all.. My switch has finally given up the ghost... I have two Yellow/black strip going to one leg on the relay and two brown wires going to another leg of the relay.. as well as one from battery and one going to starter.. Which is the one from the key start posistion so I can add a button to start it..
thanks in advance
Tim

Yellow is ign from ign switch

Brown is the ground from NSS

Relay is actually labeled I or Ign, G for ground, and Sol to the starter motor solenoid

Hi, Thanks I thought the yellow's were it.. but wasn't sure..
I've been thru like 2 switches (PITA) with the same problem coming up after a while.. So instead of replacing the switch again I'm just going to add a start button and connect it to the proper place tying it to the Yellow wires that are there leave it plugged in to the relay so it powers what ever it is suppose to in the start position and draw power from the battery connection at the relay..
Thanks again.
Tim

Auto Transport Service
Back