• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiring a Line Lock

Gospel Runner

Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
I need your help wiring a line lock on my 70 Roadrunner. I have one wire going from the switch to power (fuse). One wire from the line lock to ground. The other wire from the line lock to the solenoid switch, then completing the circuit the other wire from the solenoid switch to the off on switch. This is not working! Where am I going wrong? HELP!!! Please.

Thanks. As you can probably tell, electrical is my weakness. I will let you know how this turns out! Peace.

Sounds like you have two switches in there ... why?

Line loc to ground - check that it is "properly" grounded with a volt meter or trouble light to power.
Your power - is it switched with the ignition or is it full-time hot?

Circuit should be:
From power to fuse to switch to line loc.

You should also put an indicator light in the line to show when the line loc is applied. This light would be on the output side of the switch and the body would be grounded to complete the circuit.

I don't see any point to another switch.

I am probably calling the activation button a switch by error. The off/on switch turns on the power and the activation button is held while performing the burn out. I will attempt to wire this today and see if I can get a positive result. Again thank you for your help. I need wiring 101 for dummies!

And sorry if I cam asking an ultra-stupid question...... but are you holding your foot down on the brake pedal, holding the button & releasing your foot while still holding the button? Sorry, just checking.

And sorry if I cam asking an ultra-stupid question...... but are you holding your foot down on the brake pedal, holding the button & releasing your foot while still holding the button? Sorry, just checking.

Good point but you should be able to hear the solenoid "click" even inside the car with the engine running.

Aslo the solenoid is a "one way" valve - so have you plumbed it correctly?

I have not gotten that far as to hold my foot on the brake to see if this actually works. I am still stuck on the wiring and hearing the solenoid click. I have the brake lines plumbed into the front brake lines that come off of the master cylinder. I bled the front brakes, so that looks good. I was going to work on this yesterday, but ran out of time. Hopefully I will get to it today! Thank you!

It worked! I wired it from the solenoid to the button then to the off on switch and then to fuse then to power. I used a test light to make sure it was getting power at each junction. Thanks to each of you for your help!

Auto Transport Service
Back