• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiring diagram for '77 Charger Daytona

Gpuller

Local time
2:49 PM
Reaction score
Helping my cousin on his '77 Charger Daytona. It's a big block car that had Lean Burn on it, he converted it to Mopar electronic ignition. Want to tiddy up the wiring and get rid of some unwanted wires. Anybody have a good underhood wiring diagram for that year with Lean Burn big block?

Thanks!

Check this out, it has instructions on how to do the electronic and replace the lean burn system.

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/elecignconv.pdf

Thanks, the car is already converted to Mopar electronic ignition and running fine. What I'm looking for is a wire diagram so we can possibly eliminate some of the old wiring from the Lean Burn. Kind of a rat harness of wires that aren't used.

G pull, those EI instructions do have a detailed example of what you don't need any longer. It is rather tedious to read through but it is all there I believe.

G pull, those EI instructions do have a detailed example of what you don't need any longer. It is rather tedious to read through but it is all there I believe.

Really? Have to look closer I guess. Was hoping to just find a diagram have other issues to fix too.

Update: Just skimmed through the instructions for Lean Burn.

Remove all the wires connected to the ignition coil. If one of the existing wires is a tachometer feed wire, it may by reconnected. All other wires are to be
left off. They should be covered with electrical tape and secured to prevent grounding out. They will not be used.

That's what is happening now. Big rat nest, want to eliminate those. We plan on opening up the harness and pulling out whats not needed.

Auto Transport Service
Back