• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiring Harness Options for 77 Cordoba?

slepr1

Local time
9:09 PM
Reaction score
I finally got the Cordoba back together after a multitude of electrical issues. After seeing so many cut/repaired wires, wires going no-where, brittle wiring, my next upgrade has to be the complete wiring of the entire car. So many wires aren't being used because I don't have cruise control, A/C, windshield washer tank, all the pollution stuff ect,...is all disconnected and gone long ago before my time with the car. One could easily lose count of how many wire connectors from patches or repairs.

My harness options I have found are only up to 74 B-body. How similar is that to my 77? Will a universal harness work? I'd like to replace/upgrade everything. I'd like to try installing this as a winter project but if its a complicated job customizing since its a 1977 car I probably will not.

Sure go universal. Think about what you need as far as circuits. 6,8,12 ? Most universal you find are 21.Way more than you need. I would look at something basic. I am in a similar situation. For what I need (5 circuits very basic ) My plan is a 7 circuit fuse box and run the wires myself from bulk. I have been looking at T-Bucket wiring kit from Speedway Motors.I never called to find out the length of the wires to the rear of the car thinking that the bucket has a short wheel base.May have to lengthen the rear wires if I go that route. Just something to think about.

I’ve put universal harness in lots of different cars. They all have there differences. Make sure you have a service manual with a wiring schematic for your car, this is essential. Take each circuit one at a time and don’t jump around. Don’t throw anything away before it’s completely done. Solder every connection. I try to reuse factory connectors and put new pins/terminals in. It runs anywhere from 50-80 hrs for me start to finish depending on what gets added. I don’t recommend rewiring your car as your first wiring task. If you do take it somewhere to get done, ask how many cars they have put complete harnesses in. When done right a new harness takes allot of problems out of an old car.

Auto Transport Service
Back