• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW - 1973 Plymouth Gran Fury

68gtxman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
IMG_1573.JPG
IMG_1575.JPG

what is this car worth? It is owned by a non-car guy and he just wants to get rid of it. It had been parked for probably close to 30 years. It comes with a title, 360 engine and it seems to be fully complete. It only has 66,000 miles on it too. What should it be worth?

Is this a C body?

Another question: how do I move it if they can't find the key? Should I get it towed home and then play with the steering column or do I call a locksmith? Can a locksmith make a key in the field for it?

Maybe on the locksmith.It looks good and may not be very rusty. The price is what you are willing to pay. A non car guy, make him a offer.If he takes it get a tow truck and get it home.Jack it up and disconnect the shift linkage to make it roll.The guys over on C bodies will drool over it. $1 to 3K tops the way it sits.

I was thinking 3-5K as is.

Ebay it right where is sits, 3 day auction. Start the bidding at 5,000. It will sell. If a true 60k mopar 2 door.

the way its sitting now id lowball him,like 1500-2k tops!
get it towed home clean it up get it running and post it for the c body forum guys.
like others said,pop the shifter linkage off under the hood shift it to neutral and then load it up.

Another question: how do I move it if they can't find the key? Should I get it towed home and then play with the steering column or do I call a locksmith? Can a locksmith make a key in the field for it?
A locksmith can make a key in the field. I've seen it done in less than 15 minutes.

I'd offer him a fair price and not a lowball offer if I was truly trying to be of help and not out for what benefits my pockets. Or offer to eBay it right there where it sits like I said.

If he declines both he may let you take it for free regardless of what it's worth just to have it gone.

whats a fair price for a non running been sitting 30 years car?
with a 360 2bbl smallblock/trans combo...
its a 2 door with low mileage and good looking body,
but its still a 2 door tuna barge that hasnt been on the road and will need everything looked at.
so thats why id say 1500-2k tops.

i agree with Darter,
this is what those C body guys love why not hook them up?

ebay is the Last place id put it unless you Are going for just the money aspect.
in that case,youll probably get like 3-4k unless the swedes jump in,at which point its anyones guess..

its a shame too,cause ik a lot of those c body guys would cherish that car....
just in case you decide to post it there..
https://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/

Nice coupe! Being a 360 car, and the interior and trunk are clean and not ate-up, I'd think $2,000 - $2,500 would be a fair price; especially since its mechanicals are unknown and you'll have to have it hauled to your location. Get it running, put on new tires, check the brakes and other functions, and turn it! Hell, you might decide to hang onto it! These are very nice-riding cars and still have good performance to them.

2-2500.
Locksmith can image a key in 10 mins.
So many variables, whats the underneath look like?

I'd b happy to give you 2500 for it, however, it's worth more than that easily. A car like this has to go on eBay. C body guys are gonna tell you it's junk because it's a small block, then that Same c body guy will buy it clean it up amazingly and taunt it as the most amazing survivor, own it for two years and off it on eBay for 15k after posting on here telling you not to eBay it lol.

actually the c body guys love it already.
theres a topic linked.

but hey ebay it...make that money.
after all,thats what mopars are for right?

I'd throw $2-3k at it and clean it up nice and purity and drive it as my new daily driver . It's cool !

actually the c body guys love it already.
theres a topic linked.

but hey ebay it...make that money.
after all,thats what mopars are for right?

To a guy that just wants it out of his garage, yes that's what Mopar's are for.

To me, they are all priceless even smallblock c bodies. You don't see any for sale ads by me....

i looked into this car...
the owner wants too much for the car the way it sits.
the owner based his price off the blue book......
i wont disclose the price,but its way out there.
hopefully,the op can make a good deal.

even better,he wants to keep it,not flip it.

ive already noted that you have some outstanding cars diesel,
congrats.

Yea well we can all note that it's been on Craigslist for 10 days at 5500.

That being said I feel like I wasted my time even trying to help out.

Yea well we can all note that it's been on Craigslist for 10 days at 5500.

That being said I feel like I wasted my time even trying to help out.
sometimes i feel like that esp the last week,
and no,i didnt know it was on cl.
chuckles,doesnt that figure.

Back in the day a guy had one those fury with 440 . It was a great sleeper.

Auto Transport Service
Back