• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW? 66 Charger

LeAnne

Local time
1:48 AM
Reaction score
Found this for sale up the street from me, and was wondering what it's worth...

"1966 Dodge Charger, (fastback style) 383 V-8 4bbl, automatic, power steering, hide-away headlights, mostly original, older paint but a very nice, clean and straight car. One of the coolest interiors ever produced in my opinion -
4 buckets seats and full run through console! Brand new white letter radial tires. Runs and drives great."

Is it a good deal, so-so, or what?

Here are some pictures and a link to more pictures and information...

http://davesclassicauto.com/details.php?id=218

charger1.jpg

charger2.jpg

charger3.jpg

Welcome. My first impression is that looks like a nice car. Personally I would never use that voltage regulator on a car like that. They can cause an overcharging condition.

Go over the body with a refrigerator magnet to check for damage/bondo. And if you're comfortable with the price, then yeah, it's well worth it.

looks like a beauty. if its as nice as it looks i,d say value is 9 to 13 k but thats just a guess

Interior sure looks clean. Older paint in this case is a plus, as if there is any bondo in it and it was done poorly, it would have witnessed by now. While it's not the most revered body style, (which also works in your favor) I don't think it's overpriced.

missed the link with the price. i think its agood buy. these cars have to jump in value soon.

The most costly things that have not been touched on with this car are the "hot wire" dash and the headlight rotating assemblies. Both are very expensive to repair. Check the dash lights at night to make sure they are working completely and make sure the lights rotate and stop properly.

These cars have been very good buys their entire life as long as you buy on that does not need restoration that will quickly put you upside down in it.

They are a body style tthat people either love or hate and this has kept the price low as it seems that the American public is really not in love with 60s fast back even from the time they were new. None were ever very well received as evidenced by the sales numbers.

I personally LOVE the 66-67 Charger and the 66 in paricular because of the full length console. The hidden headlights, rear lights, and interior put the car over the top.

They function nearly as a pick up truck for carrying capacity with the fold down trunk panel and rear bucket seats.

They look REALLY cool at night with a simple modification to the tail lights barrowed from the old T-Birds that make the signals flash in progressive sequence.

The have HUGE wheel wells compared to the 66-67 Coronet and can accomodate some very large rubber that adds to a great look.

That price is fair from the looks of the pictures provided there are no expense as indicated in my first paragraph.

It looks good to me and is probably worth every penny at that price. Keep in mind that an asking price and what one will take when confronted with a cash offer could be 2 different things, offer them a full thousand or 15 hundred less and see what happens.

I stopped by on my way home from work last night. He had just sold it. Guy was supposed to be back in half an hour to pick it up. I told him if the guy doesn't take it for some reason, call me...

Probably just as good. Saved all last winter to buy a Duster or Demon, then bought a '77 Vette last spring. Saved all winter again, so probably shouldn't spend it on something else 'cuz then I'll find my dream car the next week...

So ya wanna buy that Duster now? I'm thinkin bout sellin mine:grin:

Auto Transport Service
Back