• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW 67 B steering column

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
Auto shift on the column for power steering...complete. Have this in my rafters and will probably never use it. Someone wants to buy it and I have no idea what to ask for it.

With or without the steering wheel?

If it has the steering wheel and horn pad, $150 would be a fair price, depending on the condition of the wheel.

Without the steering wheel/horn pad, $50-$75 would sound reasonable.

If it was a floor shift column....it'd be worth quite a bit more.....

It's complete with the wheel....thanks for the info...and yeah, I knew it would be worth more if it had been for a floor shift.

I know someone who is looking for one out here and he said it had one year only parts in it. If it's cherry it's got to be worth upwards $100.00 or so. I know I paid more than that for a floor shift 66 column! The part he needs is the lower bearing support and perhaps that's the one year only thing. I said I can make what he needs out of nylon or Delrin but that would take me a couple of hours of machine time and that costs something. I'm sure the tube and other stuff is the same as 66 and maybe older models because auto companies won't change something unless they absolutely have to.

The biggest difference is the 66 is not a collapsible unit and the 67 is. That was one of the many changes that were made between 66 and 67. It's in pretty good condition....at least it was when I put it up in the rafters. If I had known it was going to sit for so long, I would have wrapped it up in plastic. I started doing that just a few years ago but that part has been up there since about 15 years ago. Out of sight, out of mind I guess...

I know 68 & up is collapsible but wasn't sure about 67. Kind of makes sense since 67 is the year for the split brake system. I know about out of sight and out of mind!! Several years ago I "found" my 68 RR in my mom's back yard!! ....On the rotisserie now.

Auto Transport Service
Back