• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW 76 Volare RR survivor

PettyBlue72

Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
There is a 76 Plymouth Volare RR on the local Craigslist. I just happened to see the car on my way home from the junkyard today and I stopped to take a look at it. It is Spitfire orange with a b/w checkered bench interior and has the original paint, driveline and interior. It is a 3184bbl that has been warmed over and a 4spd OD. The car shows a little over 44k miles, has 0 rust from what I could see, a perfect interior but needs painted and the grille and at least one of the ground affects needs replaced. The guy is asking $9500/OBO for the car.

My question is, is this car worth that much when you factor in the fact that it will need a paint job and some parts replaced?

Joe

for $9500.00 the paint better be near mint.I could see $5k for the $9.5K most people would rather buy a 68-72.

for $9500.00 the paint better be near mint.I could see $5k for the $9.5K most people would rather buy a 68-72.

The paint was far from mint and it had dents and dings. The grill was busted in at least 3 places, the LH headlight ring was badly dented and the LH front wheel well ground affect was busted. Plus it was a bench car not buckets which I definitely think takes away from the cars appeal. That plus the fact it was a 318 and not a 360 doesn't help the appeal factor.

I totally agree with you. With the cost of paint jobs rising and the fact that parts for those cars aren't exactly falling off of trees $9,500 is definitely out of the realm of reality for that car. You could find a pretty clean 71-72 RR for $9,500 and make money down the road if you would decide to sell it. If you dropped 9,500 into a 76 RR and then at least 3 grand for a paint job plus parts you would be burried up to your eye brawls with no hope of ever making a profit.

i own a 76 RR myself but i can,t see it worth that much, i know mine isn't. I've seen mint condition volare's go for about 9500.

Auto Transport Service
Back