• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW - B body Dana 60

dsd1967

Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
I have a B body Dana 60 that I was told was a 69 unit. It matches the width and spring perches, but I've never checked the stampings.

I was planning to use this in a 67 belvedere build but happened to come across a Strange 60 set up on this site that fits my build to a T.

A promise to my wife as part of the Strange 60 purchase was to supplement some of the purchase price with the sale of the Dana. I'm trying to get a realistic price on what I have as I have seen these things all over the place. The details of what I know

Dana 60
3:54 sure grip
New clutch packs
New carrier and pinion bearings
New green bearings
All new brake hardware
New HD drums
Perch to perch 44"
Housing Flange to Flange 54 7/8"

The only issues are:
Missing the snubber
Needs brake lines
I welded the ends of the perches to reinforce...I would be providing new perches with the unit.

Any ideas on value?

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPGphoto 6 (1).JPGphoto 6 (2).JPGphoto 6 (3).JPGphoto 6 (4).JPG

If it was mine I would not let it go for less than $1800.00. By the time I completely went through mine with all new parts and moser axles I had just over $1400.00 in it. My dana is not original to the car and if I knew I was going to have that much in it I would have just purchased a new strange 60. Mine was all rebuilt about 10 years ago and it still cost that much.

hello DSD, cryplydog here. would you be open for any trades or partial trades for ?

cryplydog

I'm hoping to sell outright. Need the space in the garage and to make the wife happier with offsetting the other purchase $$$.

dsd1967 is your Dana still for sale? If so PM me. Thanks, Richy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you still have it? PM me

Last edited by a moderator:
PM me if you still have it.....

Have any of y'all ever been spammed because your phone numbers were pulled from an internet forum site such as this? I doubt it because if you had, you wouldn't be posting them. Please use the PM system. Thanks

pm me I want your dana. I want to put it under my 62 Dart 440 six pack car.

Dave what's you address. Paypal does not work for me. I'll get a M.O and over night it to you. VIA postal services.

Auto Transport Service
Back