• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW Hemi parts

dodgepaul

Local time
2:58 AM
Reaction score
Looking for some advice from those that know this stuff more than I on what's the best course of action to proceed with some parts I got in a buy it all to get the good stuff sort of deal. I bought a bunch of b-body stuff and got some Hemi stuff thrown in. Direct drive start g1889477,1889100, distributor #2642482, and a balancer 2648. Are they what I was told? The distributor checks out for a '66 Hemi in my book. The others I can't nail down. Also any idea if the headers are what a friend who knows more than I are what he called stage 5 headers, note the bolt pattern he said is a dead giveaway, Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• Grant-20121031-00182.jpg
    Grant-20121031-00182.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG-20121031-00176.jpg
    IMG-20121031-00176.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG-20121031-00180.jpg
    IMG-20121031-00180.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 264
The headers are junk; there's no collectors on the back of them, so they're race only. If there are no cracks in the rubber, the balancer is worth about a hundred bucks. If there are cracks, it's junk. The starter is worth about $75.00 as a rebuildable core; someone painted that one to clen it up for sale

I wouldn't mind having a spare; if you want to sell it, drop me a p/m.

Junk? headers? if a racer can use them they aren't junk. You can tell it's just paint and not rebuilt from the picture? The starter has been rebuilt and is fresh not just painted. The balancer is clean as well. Thanks for the input but I'll keep digging.

No, I can't tell that the starter is rebuilt from pictures & you didn't mention that it was rebuilt, so i assumed that it was just cleaned up to look pretty. The snout & the end cap on the starter are supposed to be unpainted. The solonoid is supposed to be unpainted also, but that's not visible in the picture. In regards to the headers; they're pretty ugly & being that they are race only, their value goes down. It's not like they are a set of Hookers in excellent condition. Repro balancers cost $450.00, so I don't think my estimate of $100.00 for a used one is out of line. Perhaps you could get as much as $150.00-$175.00, but only if it's perfect. The distributor, however, is worth some decent money, providing if it's all there.

Yes the headers are ugly and would need some cleaning for sure, but everything has a home somewhere, we can't all afford nice shiny new stuff, although a set of dirty headers on a costly Hemi seems unlikely for sure. The distributor is complete, it has an electric conversion in it but I have the parts from it to convert it back to dual point. It's been rebuilt and is in ready to go condition from what I can tell and was told by the neighbor/friend I got it from.

The distributor can be in the $300-500.00 range if it's good and all there, and yes, that is a 66 hemi tag (4006-P). The direct drive starters are another story and I'd like to think I can get one dirt cheap much less even find one. I'd do some serious investigation about that starter. The rubber in the balancer is probably not what it used to be so most likely it's junk. There is a reason new ones are being made. Judging by the price of hemi headers those might bring a few bucks if they are not junk. Figure one will spend over $100.00 to have them coated and you wouldn't want to start with rusted out pipes.

Auto Transport Service
Back