• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW Pinball Machine

T2R9

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
So pinball fans I have been shopping for one the wife and I can play together. I have been offered a Bally Power Play for 2k. It looks nice but I have not played it yet. Is the price in line for a nice machine like this? Bobby Orr as a Black Hawk? This alone wants me to say no.

20190224_080054_resized_1.jpg
20190224_080040_resized_1.jpg
20190224_080033_resized_1.jpg

I've owned a few. Personally like the Williams system 11 machines as they seem to be straightforward to maintain and repair.
Currently have High Speed pinball from early 1980s.
Depends on title for prices, but I've seen junk machines bring $1200, and pristine machines $6000.

Some are getting nuts in price... no idea on that machines value, but probably not out of line what they're asking. I saw a beat up Dungeons and Dragons they want $9000 for... mine's mint..
dd 003.jpg

I paid 2 grand for my high speed machine four years ago. I've put about $200 into it for repairs mostly mechanical like springs and a solenoid.
These machines are built for abuse and lots of play so the design is robust.
From the pictures I'd say 2 grand is close in price.
Play it for at least one hour before you buy.
BTW my machine has had 344000 coins go through it.

I also favor the Williams Comet/Cyclone/Pinbot/High Speed, etc

The game play is awesome on those. Very well thought out.

Bobby Orr as a Black Hawk???

That has got to be an omen

I personally like the bowling game with the steel puck. If yow have room they can be 14 foot long if I remember. If you are room challenged then get a B-9 robot from Lost in Space. Last one I seen was a repop for $20k plus.

34994ad819c3d83fa86852c26d59c638.jpg

94231.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

2 grand is not out of line price wise for that machine. Bobby Orr, the great Canadian and Boston great, played for the Boston Bruins until 1976 when he went to the Blackhawks in free agency. This machine must be a 76 or 77? Prices vary by thousands of dollars for pinball machines. I have a 1991 Data East Star Trek 25th anniversary machine I would like to sell. Sorry for the poor picture quality. It's covered up in the garage. I will be asking $4000 or would trade towards a 440 for a future build.

The bowling alley machines are a blast to play. They are "EM" types which is all electro mechanical. Almost 5 miles of wiring and 16 to 40 relays. A nightmare to repair, but I've resurrected a few.

I need a pinball repair guy for my gottleib cleopatra. Was working great before I transported it

So pinball fans I have been shopping for one the wife and I can play together. I have been offered a Bally Power Play for 2k. It looks nice but I have not played it yet. Is the price in line for a nice machine like this? Bobby Orr as a Black Hawk? This alone wants me to say no.

View attachment 742684 View attachment 742690 View attachment 742691

It looks to be in excellent condition. $2K is reasonable for that.
My fav Bally machine is Captain Fantastic.

I've been collecting pins for 20 years. Title and condition are what drive value. The Bobby Orr is what's called a chimer, since it has a chime box for scoring effects. This game looks to have a reproduction play field, as the colors look bright with little wear. If working 100% and in as nice a condition as it seems, 2k is ok, but on the high side. The Boston vs. Chicago has been discussed many times in the past.

Auto Transport Service
Back