• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wix Filter

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:51 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a P/N for a Wix oil filter for a 72 RR 400 engine? I thought there was a long and short filter.

Thanks!

A smaller diameter is wix 51348. Very short is 51335, short is 51085.
51068 is for a big block with an air pump, standard big block is 51515.

Isn't there a long one?

The 51515R is the high perf version. It's about the same as the top quality Fram HP1 from 45-50 years ago. It has about a full quart capacity.

Thank you all!

What is s the difference with 51515XP?

There you have it. What do you want more? Which particles are circulating in your motor? Seems to me if the motor is good I want the more flow. If the motor is moving junk through it then the tight micron makes more sense, but change it really often.

It's a new motor with little time on it, mainly dyno time. The oil ad filter was changed because I had someone change the pan that, found out was going to hit the K. Therefore, the filter and oil wasn't what I told them to put back in. Now, you all know the story

It's a new motor with little time on it, mainly dyno time. The oil ad filter was changed because I had someone change the pan that, found out was going to hit the K. Therefore, the filter and oil wasn't what I told them to put back in. Now, you all know the story
Guess I missed the real story. What was the issue?

Above reply explains that the pan was too close to the K

They didn't put the oil nor the filter that I wanted in the car's engine and I'm wanting to put back in what I told them to do

Auto Transport Service
Back