• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Women that you dated and the red flags that you DIDN'T spot until after the fact! The saga of the 15 year old!

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
There's been several for me but one that stands out was when I was 25. Had recently broke up with a girlfriend of two years mainly because of her family and especially her mom. Shortly after the break up, some friends of mine were heading to Galveston to spend the day and the night on West Beach (SW of Galveston) and asked me to come along. WB was pretty wide open and just about anything went back then as the cops were thin and didn't hassle you but I didn't have anyone to go with and didn't want to impose on everyone that had girlfriends etc. My crazy next door neighbor said she knew of a girl that was nice, wasn't dating anyone and on and on. First sign should have been that my crazy neighbor drove a wrecker truck but ignored that and decided to go with it....and the 'blind date' ended up being really nice looking and had a nice demeanor too.

So off to West Beach we all go in several cars and had a good time playing in the water, building a fire once night fell and on and on. As the night got late, the wind picked up and sand was blowing and being in the car (66 Mustang Fastback) wasn't cutting it so we talked about going to my place and she was good with that and everybody else decided to go to their places too so we all packed up and left. After an uneventful ride doing around 80 up the Gulf Freeway, we got to my place about 2:30am and after taking a shower together, we hopped into the sack. Was thinking that this blind date wasn't bad at all and enjoyed her company. We even had a pretty good conversation......then when it was time for her to go home around noon time and that's when things changed and did they ever.

Since the Mudstain was full of sand etc, I took her home in my 74 Dodge pickup with her giving me directions where to go. She didn't live all that far away but once in the neighborhood she told me to let her out at the intersection that was about 4 blocks away as she didn't want her parents to see her getting out of my truck. Well, living at home wasn't all that common for someone in their 20's but it happened back then even (I never asked her how old she was) but the parents seeing their 20+ year old kid getting out of someone's vehicle in their driveway as a bad thing struck me as odd so I asked her. 15 she said! I hit the brakes right there!! Sure was disappointed because she was pretty nice, good looking and didn't act 15. Heck, I thought she was at least in her early 20's but this isn't quite the end of the story. Wasn't long after before I started having this 'discharge'.......talk about pissed off!! That was my first blind date and said no more but my first wife was my second BD about 3 years later and a good friend set us up. She was a very different person but that story is for another time. Not much of a story actually......

My ex wife.
Nice person but she was at her thinnest point when we met. While dating, I saw pictures of her before the weight loss. She was large. I should have been able to see the future. She became large again, even MORE so.

There's been several for me but one that stands out was when I was 25. Had recently broke up with a girlfriend of two years mainly because of her family and especially her mom. Shortly after the break up, some friends of mine were heading to Galveston to spend the day and the night on West Beach (SW of Galveston) and asked me to come along. WB was pretty wide open and just about anything went back then as the cops were thin and didn't hassle you but I didn't have anyone to go with and didn't want to impose on everyone that had girlfriends etc. My crazy next door neighbor said she knew of a girl that was nice, wasn't dating anyone and on and on. First sign should have been that my crazy neighbor drove a wrecker truck but ignored that and decided to go with it....and the 'blind date' ended up being really nice looking and had a nice demeanor too.

So off to West Beach we all go in several cars and had a good time playing in the water, building a fire once night fell and on and on. As the night got late, the wind picked up and sand was blowing and being in the car (66 Mustang Fastback) wasn't cutting it so we talked about going to my place and she was good with that and everybody else decided to go to their places too so we all packed up and left. After an uneventful ride doing around 80 up the Gulf Freeway, we got to my place about 2:30am and after taking a shower together, we hopped into the sack. Was thinking that this blind date wasn't bad at all and enjoyed her company. We even had a pretty good conversation......then when it was time for her to go home around noon time and that's when things changed and did they ever.

Since the Mudstain was full of sand etc, I took her home in my 74 Dodge pickup with her giving me directions where to go. She didn't live all that far away but once in the neighborhood she told me to let her out at the intersection that was about 4 blocks away as she didn't want her parents to see her getting out of my truck. Well, living at home wasn't all that common for someone in their 20's but it happened back then even (I never asked her how old she was) but the parents seeing their 20+ year old kid getting out of someone's vehicle in their driveway as a bad thing struck me as odd so I asked her. 15 she said! I hit the brakes right there!! Sure was disappointed because she was pretty nice, good looking and didn't act 15. Heck, I thought she was at least in her early 20's but this isn't quite the end of the story. Wasn't long after before I started having this 'discharge'.......talk about pissed off!! That was my first blind date and said no more but my first wife was my second BD about 3 years later and a good friend set us up. She was a very different person but that story is for another time. Not much of a story actually......

392072E6-129F-4DBF-8FEA-FBC057D65F7B.jpeg

:rofl:

Wow! You do know what the law calls that don’t you Cranky? Regardless of what she said or didn’t. Regardless of what you thought or not - at the end of the day - Statutory Rape. Not blaming you bro - Something similar happened within my buddy circle back in the day. I fortunately almost fell for it but didn’t. And fortunately in the end nothing happened to my buddies. As I recall there may have even been parental involvement too. For some reason it just kind of disappeared - but there were a number of guys with loaded shorts for awhile there. Scared the bejesus out of all of us.

My ex wife.
Nice person but she was at her thinnest point when we met. While dating, I saw pictures of her before the weight loss. She was large. I should have been able to see the future. She became large again, even MORE so.
there is a good side to having a fat wife... Nobody else will try to steal her from you..

there is a good side to having a fat wife... Nobody else will try to steal her from you..
The down side to a fat wife is that mine would never reach....or reach in far enough. Been there done that.....only I didn't marry her!

didn't we have 2 of these types of threads already... ?

:luvplace:

All women have their own red flags. Sometimes it just takes a little longer to discover it with some women over others. However, on the good side of things all women are beautiful in their own ways.

All women have their own red flags. Sometimes it just takes a little longer to discover it with some women over others. However, on the good side of things all women are beautiful in their own ways.
Well sorry to rain on your parade - but there are some women that are truly ugly clear to the bone. No matter what they look like on the outside. Ask me how I know……

Well sorry to rain on your parade - but there are some women that are truly ugly clear to the bone. No matter what they look like on the outside. Ask me how I know……
Looks like I met alot of your EX's..... LOL
I have been divorced for 28 years from my ONLY EX wife...... When you don' t have to coddle them or let the little head tell you you need them, you can really see what they are about.....

Well sorry to rain on your parade - but there are some women that are truly ugly clear to the bone. No matter what they look like on the outside.
Yep - Sounds like my ex-wife. Gorgeous Russian gal that I met over there back in 1990 and brought over here about 4 years later. Heart was blacker than soot. Pretty sure that she was ex-KGB...

Yep - Sounds like my ex-wife. Gorgeous Russian gal that I met over there back in 1990 and brought over here about 4 years later. Heart was blacker than soot. Pretty sure that she was ex-KGB...
Thank you for bringing her to America... I bet her entire family is here now..

This story could have had a much worse ending for you..

I know guys that have met the women of their dreams overseas - I’m right now mostly referring to SE Asian countries. The foolish ones completely lose their minds and go above and beyond to marry and bring their brides over to the US as soon as possible. More often than not they learn the woman’s true intentions too late. Often times they get them here and the “soul mate” drops them like a box of hot rocks, disappears and tries to hook up with another sucker with more money. I’ve seen and heard this repetitive story a million times. The road most traveled between here and there is littered with broken hearts, even more broken wallets than one could count. Then there are the smart guys that go, find, fall in love - but don‘t bring their loved one here either for a long time or maybe never. Some have built or bought homes in country for their new family and live there part of the year and by themselves part of the year back in the US. Some have even built adjacent homes for the brides family - Mom/Dad etc to satisfy everyone. They don‘t bring the wife here maybe ever or at least not until they’re 2000% sure of her true nature and intentions. So very many of these gals make a living out of trying to figure a way out and over here or Europe, Australia etc.

My wife is from Saigon - which I‘d been to many times and stayed often with families of very close friends here in the US. She and I were vetted between families and friends over there 2 dozen times before either one of us had any idea any match making of any kind was even going on. Even then we didnt actually have an internet conversation until long after the vetting. To further it I didn’t bring her here she came via a student visa to take her MBA - literally a few weeks after 9/11. We finally met in person 6 months after she had arrived. I didn’t even know she was here until one of my Saigon friends told me so. Then she eventually called me. It took me 5 years before I finally pulled the trigger and popped the question. That 5 years and 17 years of marriage have been the best of my life to a woman I don’t deserve and would have never thought I could be so blessed to have in my life. For her I will be forever thankful. But let me tell you the road to her many years before and up to was paved with a lot of what you don’t want. So in some ways I say I paid my dues but in other ways I say the right one is out there somewhere for each of us - They just have to be found.

I know guys that have met the women of their dreams overseas - I’m right now mostly referring to SE Asian countries. The foolish ones completely lose their minds and go above and beyond to marry and bring their brides over to the US as soon as possible. More often than not they learn the woman’s true intentions too late. Often times they get them here and the “soul mate” drops them like a box of hot rocks, disappears and tries to hook up with another sucker with more money. I’ve seen and heard this repetitive story a million times. The road most traveled between here and there is littered with broken hearts, even more broken wallets than one could count. Then there are the smart guys that go, find, fall in love - but don‘t bring their loved one here either for a long time or maybe never. Some have built or bought homes in country for their new family and live there part of the year and by themselves part of the year back in the US. Some have even built adjacent homes for the brides family - Mom/Dad etc to satisfy everyone. They don‘t bring the wife here maybe ever or at least not until they’re 2000% sure of her true nature and intentions. So very many of these gals make a living out of trying to figure a way out and over here or Europe, Australia etc.

My wife is from Saigon - which I‘d been to many times and stayed often with families of very close friends here in the US. She and I were vetted between families and friends over there 2 dozen times before either one of us had any idea any match making of any kind was even going on. Even then we didnt actually have an internet conversation until long after the vetting. To further it I didn’t bring her here she came via a student visa to take her MBA - literally a few weeks after 9/11. We finally met in person 6 months after she had arrived. I didn’t even know she was here until one of my Saigon friends told me so. Then she eventually called me. It took me 5 years before I finally pulled the trigger and popped the question. That 5 years and 17 years of marriage have been the best of my life to a woman I don’t deserve and would have never thought I could be so blessed to have in my life. For her I will be forever thankful. But let me tell you the road to her many years before and up to was paved with a lot of what you don’t want. So in some ways I say I paid my dues but in other ways I say the right one is out there somewhere for each of us - They just have to be found.
You have expressed many times how she will not move because of her family??? How did they get to America???

Auto Transport Service
Back