• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wondering about a connector

ArtH

Local time
11:14 PM
Reaction score
I was putting in a new radio and noticed a four wire connector near the radio area. It has a dark blue, yellow, Green with black tracer and a tan looking wire. The yellow is hot when the ignition switch is on. My schematic seems to indicate it may be part of the cruise control system. My cruise doesn't work but I'm not sure if this connector has anything to do with that. It was dangling there when I removed that OEM radio which has only one gang type connector for the speakers with a separate switched power wire and an orange one for the light. Any ideas what the four wire connector is for?

connector.jpg

Last edited:
It appears to be the connector to a column mounted cruise switch. You said you had cruise but it was inop????? Guess this may be your problem.

That has 4 sockets... cruise control is 3 I believe. I think that 4 port is for cars with cornering lights. They used the same turn signal switch on cars with and without them.

Patrick

Auto Transport Service
Back