• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wood Grain Steering Wheel Question

mguesto

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:59 AM
Reaction score
I am going to the Charlotte Autofair in a few weeks and I am interested in finding a 69 wood grain steering wheel for my GTX. I am not sure if there are part numbers I should be looking for so I get one that is correct for my 1969 year. Second question is what center horn blow is appropriate on a 69 GTX? Does someone have a picture of a correct one I can use for comparison while I am there? I guess I need to find out what the current prices are on what I should pay on one.Here is a link to the show. http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/ . Can anyone offer suggestions on what I should look for? I had wanted one for a while now and passed on one a few years ago for $300 redone. I now kick myself. Thanks for looking and offering suggestions.Matt

69 and 70 are the same,only difference is collar between wheel and horn button .

Attachments

• Picture 227.jpg
    Picture 227.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 427
Thanks for the picture. it looks good on an 8 x 10 full sheet. So I will take that with me when I go.

I have a book with parts cross reference from a few yeas ago so I will try an find the part number
on it so I don't get the wrong stuff.

Thanks again.

Matt

The 1970 model has 2 extra holes in the base, but these get covered up if installed on a 69. Have you talked to Rod @ GSW Restorations? He restores these wheels and also has them for sale outright.

I have a few days and will try and get in contact with him to see what he has and suggests for
my install

Thanks for the contact. I sent a PM
Matt

Thanks to hunt2elk I have myself a woodgrain steering wheel. I contacted Rod (1970 Roadrunner)who is a member of this forum and made a purchase.

It looks good and I look forward to installing it.

Attachments

• wheel2.jpg
    wheel2.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 303
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 250
  • part number.jpg
    part number.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 233
Auto Transport Service
Back