• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wooden steering wheel

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I'm helping my friend with his car. Is there someone who restores wooden steering wheels?

Thanks in advance

Do you mean actual wood or wood grain? There are a few who restore wood grain steering wheels

The car is a 69 RR BTW

- - - Updated - - -

Well, good question Tallhair. Not sure if it's real or not

a 69 if it had an optional steering wheel would have had a faux wood grain steering wheel which was plastic of some sort with a fake wood treatment. They are still cool as hell IMHO but often the "wood grain" treatment wore off from the sweat and oil and friction of the hands touching it.

There are a few restorers out there and if someone else doesn't have it handy I may be able to find one or two for you .. but I'm sure someone will post some restorers shortly. I'm pretty sure there at least one who's a member here.

Do you have a pic of the one you are talking about?

I can get a picture, Tallhair. It will be tomorrow though since we are working on oth cars tomorrow. I'd appreciate it if ,you or anyone else,can give me a source

I've seen repops of the fake woodgrain wheel for $400. The redo will be that or more.

My 2 cents.

I've seen repops of the fake woodgrain wheel for $400. The redo will be that or more.

My 2 cents.

I told my friend that too. Not cheap. So who restores or can fix his steering wheel?

Rod @ [email protected] does nice work. He is a member on this site too. 417-581-2699. 3175 W. Heritage Dr. Ozark, MO 65721

Thanks hunt2elk. I'll pass on the info

You are going to want to contact Mike Mordarski. Shoot him an email at [email protected] or call him at 248-421-8254.
He restores wheels, columns, dash components, etc..
His prices are fair and his customer service is excellent.

Auto Transport Service
Back